Howling Labs??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howling Labs??

DefaultHowling Labs??

Does anyone else have a howling Lab? I'm on my forth generation of labs and I've had plenty of barkers but never a howler like I have now. Her name is Rylee an oh my goodness she howls at everything it's like she likes it better then barking. She's chocolate and she's adorable and when you scold her szhe howls at you, tell me how do you get mad at that I have to turn around and laugh it's hillarious. Here is miss Rylee.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Howling Labs??

On occasion, Reggie will howl. However, every once in awhile I like to get them all to do a group howl. I start and all three join in.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

justine is offline Senior Member

Aw she's a cutie! I can't get Abbey to howl at all.. even if I demonstrate!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

SawyerAndMe990 is offline Senior Member

Oh yes. Sawyer howls almost every night. The Cocker Spaniels I think taught him when he was a little guy and so it has be come a nightly ritual. He has the most bone chilling howl but its also really beautiful in its deep way. He will do it in or out of his crate really doesent matter. It usually happens around 11pm.
    Sawyer And Morrison

Lab
    Lab/Basset Hound (maybe some Beagle)

Rylee never got taught she just started as a puppy and never stopped. When she wants something, to play or anything she howls. I have never seen a Lab do this but she does I swear I should have named her Howly Berry....lol

mombear is offline Senior Member

I live one block away from the local police department in one direction and two blocks away from the local fire department/EMT squad in the other direction so of course there are sirens around here all day and if Parker and Linus are outside, they of course have to run to the front and add their own "sirens" to the noise. And of course our next door neighbor "Blue" a monstrous Great Dane, can drown them all out. It's like the barking chain on 101 Dalmatians. Ahwoooooooooooooooooo

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

The only one I ever heard howl is Judy. Once Judy didn't come when called to get her leash on to go for our walk so Mitzi, Bruno and I left without her. The princess expected we would wait for her. As soon as we were out of sight I could hear her howling at the fence. Walking back, I could still hear her howl but she stopped as soon as we were in sight. The labs never howl at sirens, but Duke does. He also howls when he's happy. (very cute)

I couldn't get Mac to speak, bark or howl. If he didn't growl once in a while I would think he's mute.

Rogue likes to bark, but is usually quiet also.

Rebel however is a major talker and usually does a lot of it by little howls, barks, yips, anything to get your attention or to talk to you. He will only do the big howls at night esp if I am gone and it's getting close to bedtime.

Shane23 is offline Senior Member

My oldest lab Clarence, he's 12, will only howl when they test the sirens on tuesdays, he sounds awful.
    Laura

Summerlin's Inspired by Armani CD (Shane)

I'm beginning to think I have a unique one here, personally I think her daddy was a blue tick hound...lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast