It's a Labfest!

Thread: It's a Labfest!

DefaultIt's a Labfest!

Dropped off Rebel at Doggy Daycare this morning and I guess it's going to be a yellow lab fest there today.

They have 5 other yellow labs today all around 1 1/2 to 2 years old besides Rebel. So they are all in the same goofy silly teenager age range. Guess those poor folks are going to earn their money today!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: It's a Labfest!

Make sure you bring the correct one home! When i went to pickup shelby from daycare recently the girl brings out this lab that looks terrified, my first instinct was "did something happen to her?"

Me--- "that is not Shelby"
    Daycare---- "are you sure?"
    Me---"yes I'm sure, that one is smaller and does not seem happy to see me and not responding to her name"
    Daycare---"ok, there is another black lab in the back"

she come back with another black lab, this one looking identical in size and face and somewhat happy to see me but i'm sure it is not Shelby....

Me--- "Ummm, that one is not Shelby either"
    Daycare--- "are you sure? the other black lab in the back is male"
    Me--- " Let me look at her tongue, Shelby has a black dot way on the back of it"
    So i attempt to look, this lab would not open her mouth at all....."nope not Shelby, how 'bout i go in the back with you to get her"
    Daycare-- "ok, but the only other one we have is male"

So we go to back play area where all the dogs are at...there are 4 black labs..not 3 like she had said, all very similar in size, Shelby comes right to me happy as can be, then i remembered she has a mole under her chin, so i check to make sure.

Daycare--- "oh wow, i thought we only had 3 black labs here today"

I was so frustrated when i left

justine is offline Senior Member

LOL. I think all of them will be absolutely pooped when they leave later today!

Just make sure you're bringing the right one home!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

OH my gosh, I didn't think they would try to give us the wrong yellow lab, but they did!

Hubby went to pick him up for me because he got off work early and I was still wrapping things up from scrapbooking. He said he was watching Rebel play in the room and be all crazy and watched the lady attendent go and get this larger white yellow lab. Get him all collared up and was walking him towards the lobby area when another attendent ran up to her and gestured wildly. She turned around and took him back.

Hubby said the attendent that corrected her is one we always see, so he knew us and knows Rebel. He likes to call him Houdini because Rebel likes to squeeze between the door and the attendent and escape to run through the kennels.

While we were waiting for them to get home, I was able to let our Rogue & Mac. Without little pesky brother they were able to play and chase like they used to in the past. It was fun to watch them have a good butt tucking time. But when I said "Hey Papa's home with brother" the whinning at the door started. They were excited to see Rebel.

justine is offline Senior Member

LOL @ Houdini. Go figure they tried to bring you the wrong lab..