Question for multiple dog families: eating special treats - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for multiple dog families: eating special treats

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Question for multiple dog families: eating special treats

with marrow bones, they scatter. Cricket goes outside to the farthest end of the yard to enjoy her marrow bone. Lucy insists on enjoying hers in the house on a towel.

With less exciting treats, they will often be very close to each other. Sometimes Cricket leans in to Lucy and they are touching, but that is only by Cricket's choice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

joflake is offline Senior Member

When my two get marrow bones, they go to opposite ends of the room and lay down and just guard them for a while. It's funny cause if Willy looks at Libby she stands up and barks at him. But they'll lay there for a while, then it's like they sneak, but we know they're not sneaking, they switch bones. Then they eat them. So I always give the one I want them to eat to the other one!

BoatDog is offline Senior Member

Both in same room...but the weird thing is they both feel the necessity to move about the room while working on that bone...almost like someone is watching the spot they were in, so off they go to a new spot.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Both in same room...but the weird thing is they both feel the necessity to move about the room while working on that bone...almost like someone is watching the spot they were in, so off they go to a new spot.
    That's exactly what my 3 do. Until one of them is done, then their all over the others like a new suit, hovering.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Baloo has to eat all special treats on the dog bed. If for whatever reason he is unable to get to the dog bed, he will stand there looking pathetic, holding his prize in his mouth until someone notices and grants him access to the living room. :whatever:

Peanut is a mover-arounder. Chew a bit in one place, take it to another, chew a bit there, and so on...
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Our DDs dog is at the house more often than not, a Cockapoo. There is no fighting, but the scenario just amazes me.

They each get their treat. They are so excited in anticipation. Hershey Kisses takes hers and is off to the other side of the room to devour it. Louie drops his, and follows to watch HK eat hers, then returns to his to SLOWLY nibble away at it. Of course, HK comes over to watch, drool, and clean up any crumb left behind. This is the exact same scenario when they get fed their meal.

I really wish Louie would just learn to take his treat or meal and eat the darn stuff rather than nibble at it.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

They tend to go to their own spot, but then think the other dog's treats are more special than their own. More often than not Belle and Hoss let another dog take theirs away, but then they go and take what the thief originally had. Once in awhile though, they'll snark at each other if someone gets too close.

kaznalf is offline Senior Member

Apart as Penny resources guards, she is fine with kibble but treats she gets very possessive over, in fact she hardly gets treats because of it as the kids or alfie is always about somewhere

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Harper stands whereever we gave him the treat and proceeds to devour.

Clancey goes to his rug. See my pic, where he is happily chomping on a rawhide. That is Sir Clancey's royal eating rug.

Callaway is offline Senior Member

Mine eat (marrow bones) in the same area. But I try and watch because Bogey will often get done before Calli and then steal hers. But other than that, they stay close. Then when theyre finished, they switch again.

Courtney, Bogey and Calli

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12