This Made Me Think
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Made Me Think

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultThis Made Me Think

I took Tal and Barney to the field close to where we live, and after some fetch and a little training, I decided to come back home, mainly because I forgot my gloves. It is about 40 but very windy. Anyway, I decided to come back sooner than I had planned to warm my hands.

As we were leaving, we were stopped by this lady in a car and she warned me not to head west from where we were. She said there were two Pit Bulls loose, and one had already hurt one of her friends dogs. She said she saw me with my two and didn't want anything to happen to us. I thanked her, and said we were heading home, that I lved east of there so we would not see them.

It's really sad you can't take your dogs out for a walk without wondering if they are going to get hurt because someone is too irresponsible with their dog.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

joflake is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: This Made Me Think

That sucks. On the road that I live on, I can't walk my two on-leash because somebody has a dog that will attack if there is more than one dog. The sad thing is, it's a yellow lab. I've walked Libby by there a lot and he was very friendly, even tried to come home with us. But since then, he has attacked everybody walking more than one dog, so I don't walk my two that way. We pretty much stay in the woods off-leash anyway, but it's sad.

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

:no:

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

that is very frightening Guy. Be careful.

Tundra Aries Guest

That does stink, be careful.

Callaway is offline Senior Member

It is very sad! Where we live there is alot of woods and I love to walk the dogs there, but I hate to get too far away. Ive seen too many stray or loose dogs. Some could be friendly but you never know. Wouldnt want to take the chance.

Courtney, Bogey and Calli

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

I totally understand Guy! Its never a been a problem in our neighborhood until recently, other then a random stray, but recently more and more loose dogs are seen! Just yesterday 2 German shepherds were running loose in the neighborhood, no tags so no way to tell where they came from, one of the neighbors rounded them up and called Animal control, hopefully they were chipped ! Our other neighbors just got a black lab around 7 months old, beautiful pup, but it is never ever on a leash and they always bring her out front with them. She ran after us when we were walking Sammi, on leash, started sniffing Sammi and then jumped on her, Sam didn't take to kindly to that being leashed and all! Finally the kids were able to get there dog, and apologized, but the dog is still never leashed! Yes I did let them know that she should be and it was the law! Hopefully something doesn't have to happen to her before they learn

Anne is offline Senior Member

That stinks, Guy. And is precisely the reason why I am too chicken to visit dog parks. I hope you, Barney, and Tal stay safe!

Murphy, Riley, and Piper

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

Stay safe. And it completely sucks that the situation occurred (and continues to happen in lots of places). But that woman was very nice to warn you.
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Society today is breeding irresponsible people. It's never anyone's fault, or yours for having your dogs out on a leash, etc. Keep safe Guy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast