I'm over it!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm over it!

sarah is offline Senior Member

DefaultI'm over it!

I am venting because I am so sick and tired of my parents whinging at the fact that I am getting Milly desexed on January 2. They are so damn ignorant, telling me how every bitch should have a litter and that her pups would be really great and we could get at least $800 for them ...... >

How do you tell your parents to shutup without offending them? haha..... it's happening whether they like it or not.
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I'm over it!

On what basis do they think it would be ok? Do they not understand what goes into breeding if it is done right, to say nothing of the fact that many breeders only add to the pet overpopulation??

Quote Originally Posted by myfavoritedog
    On what basis do they think it would be ok? Do they not understand what goes into breeding if it is done right, to say nothing of the fact that many breeders only add to the pet overpopulation??
    No they don't get it. They are the same as all the other ignorant australians that think because you paid $1200 for a dog it's your right to breed it. Plus as far as they are concerned, a bitch "needs" to have a litter to be normal. Argh!!!!!!!!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I would just say, thanks for your opinion, but it's my decision...end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Momof3Labs
    Did that ... but then everytime I see them they make comment of it. I'm about to blow my stack! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sarahnye
    Did that ... but then everytime I see them they make comment of it. I'm about to blow my stack! LOL
    I don't blame you. My mom (bless her) would take offense when I didn't do things her way. She and my step dad were not dog people and thought that all female dogs made better pets if they had at least one litter (sigh!).

Keep calm and know that you are making the right decision. If you keep to the same response and don't show any emotion (even though would like to scream) eventually they will find no fun in bugging you and stop.

Just come here and scream...we don't mind! {{{HUGS}}}

Just come here and scream...we don't mind! {{{HUGS}}}
    thank you!! I'll just keep nodding and saying "I understand but I don't feel I'm qualified to breed Milly" and keep venting here.

Snowflake is offline Senior Member

Listen and ignore. In one ear and out the other.

Remember, they are thinking the same thing about you. "Why doesn't she listen to us!!!" :whatever:

justine is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake
    Listen and ignore. In one ear and out the other.
    Agreed!

I have a cousin whose husband tried to convince me that Oakley "would be 10 times the dog" if I let her have a litter.
    I told him it doesn't matter because she came from rescue and I signed a contract that I would have her spayed at 6 months (which was already done by this point). Even if I didn't have that contract I would not ever breed her. I also told him that I was not prepared meaning I don't know what I am doing, not going to add to the overpopulation of labs that should not have been bred and so on.

He still maintained that I should have done it and wouldn't get it through his thick head.

I should have told him "I see your lips moving but all I hear is blah, blah, blah!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast