Vbulletin security issues

Thread: Vbulletin security issues

Spiderjohn is offline Member

DefaultVbulletin security issues

I am a memeber on some other boards that use vbulletin. They sent an email alerting to security breaches that could compromise user account information.

See below:

NotebookReview Forum User Notification: Urgent Alert of Security Breach

Is this an issue here?

A dognostic nose there is a Dog.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

justlabradors is offline Administrator

I can assure you that the forum is safe from any security breaches. When a breech like this happens VB warns all of its software uses so that we prevent site issues. As well some hacks only affects certain versions of VB, this forum and the other one you're on appear to be on two different versions.

We also have Google performing checks on the forum to ensure that it is clean. if there was an infection of the site you would get a Google bad site warning.

- dm, community support.

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

Now how about an explanation for once again using pictures belonging to forum members for your newsletter?? We were assured this would NEVER happen again. Thanks for taking away something so many of us enjoyed and treasured. Many mebers will no longer post any pictures of their dogs because of this. It is rude and not appreciated.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaykay is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by tammyhuffman View Post
    Now how about an explanation for once again using pictures belonging to forum members for your newsletter?? We were assured this would NEVER happen again. Thanks for taking away something so many of us enjoyed and treasured. Many mebers will no longer post any pictures of their dogs because of this. It is rude and not appreciated.
    ^ this
    Kristin

jayson

laika

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by tammyhuffman View Post
    We do want an answer to the question. It might be all about money to you, but it is about our rights to our property to us. Might be time for the majority to move on to another forum that respects our property rights. That would mean fewer clicks for you. Oh! My! That would mean less money for you. Too bad. So sad.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

We may be viewed as a dime a dozen, but seeing drama on their other owned forums suggests they are in a lot more trouble then they care to admit. Some people cannot admit fault, or accept help when it's offered. The behaviour of the new owners is something I would expect from a robot, an automated system. Not actual living, breathing people clearly devoid of conscience and principles.