slow forum?

Thread: slow forum?

mistarkos is offline Senior Member

Defaultslow forum?

I noticed today that JL is loading very slow. All other pages I'm visiting are loading quite fast. The speed of JL has been reduced today.. Is it just me facing this problem or is it a general issue?

thanx.

If dogs do not go to heaven, then I prefer to follow them where they go.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Garth is offline Registered Users

It's this stoopid site. I have the same problem early evening my time EVERY DAY & sometimes early morning between about 1-3 AM. It really pi$$es me off! Me thinks there's a major problem with the server. I don't know what else it could be.

This is the first time for me..

If it's hosted on a server with UNLIMITED space and UNLIMITED bandwidth (UNLIMITED does not exist) then it will definetely have problems.. If you reach an amount of bandwidth then they assign to your site only few memory and they lower the bandwidth.
    I'm a forum owner too and the forum was suffering from speed because of the above. Then I moved to another company with 2GB of space and bandwidth and the site now is very fast.

Anyway I hope the owners of JL will look into this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Now I have the problem every day all day long.. and at nights. Can the owners of JL check this issue and try to do their best to speed up the loading of the forum please?

Thank you.

kassabella is offline Senior Member

A few weeks ago I had a huge problem and couldn't get in at all. It would load then bring up blank pages.Took about 3 weeks before I could get in.
    Garth I have a problem those times too. I have also noticed word on the right side of the page sometimes type twice. Thought it was just me, but see other posts are doing it.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

Since the only internet connection I have is at work and on my mobile I'm using the forum when I find some free time at work. But with the speed of the forum I don't have the time to wait until it loads. It took 2 mins to load the "What's new" earlier this afternoon. If the owners don't take any action on the speed of the forum I'm seriously considering moving on another forum. I'm really sorry to say that but I don't have any other option since I use it on my spare time at work.

Please guys, do something.

Thank you.

Garth is offline Registered Users

Both Colin & myself have emailed the bosses re this thread & a couple of other matters & got no reply. We're trying.

If you want to PM me, I can give you their email addies & see if you have better luck than we have had lately.

If they haven't replied to you they won't reply to me either. I'll wait for a while and see if there is any update on the issue.

Thank you Garth.

P.S. Do you all face the problem with the speed? I have tried it on 3 different computers with fast internet access and I got the same slow speed.

Lately I'm getting a lot of "The server timed out" on this forum. Today I had around 6 of this messages.

I found out that the forum is hosted on godady.com and that 1,071 other sites are on the same IP address! That is why it's (very) slow and has this kind of problems.

Companies who sell unlimited bandwidth, unlimited space etc what they really give you is low resource on your website. Unlimited space and bandwidth does not exist! It's a marketing trick.

I had the same problems when I used to host a forum in a company like this. Then I moved to another company with 2GB bandwidth and 2GB of space. My problem were solved and the forum was 10 times faster!!

So I guess unless the forum moves to another host (not unlimited) it will always have problems.

If the owners would like to contact me to suggest a couple of good hosting companies I'd be glad to help.