New Member from Indiana

Thread: New Member from Indiana

DefaultNew Member from Indiana

Hello all..

I'm new here and thought i would tell you a little about me a my labs, Well for starters my 1st dog snoop is a 11 year old lab/shepherd mix. And he is just a big lug and the most gentle dog i have ever seen, I got him when he was 8 weeks old. Snoop is getting pretty old and kinda set in his ways, So we decided to get another dog. But this time i wanted to get a pure breed lab, Well in June 2006 we located a very nice 13 week black male lab and got him. His name was Buddy, Buddy was the best dog ever and just so smart, He was a very layed back dog and never barked or was aggressive in any way, In march of this year we noticed buddy had a slight limp and made him an appointment at the vets to be checked out, The vet couldn't find anything wrong with him and said ha may of just pulled a muscle. Well after a week or so on some K-9 aspirins buddy's limp got worse and his left front shoulder was starting to swell, So of to the vet we go once again, After a few X-rays we got the bad news, Buddy has Osteosarcoma ( Bone Cancer ) And it had already spread to his lungs, The were two tumors in his lungs as well as the tumor on his shoulder. So we filled the scrips for him and he was doing much better now, Although the vet said he would only live another 2 months before he will need to put to sleep, With all this in mind just tore me up, I could not believe this was real, We kinda felt like this was just a bad dream or something, Well the first 30 days went fairly well the pain meds seem to be helping him greatly and he was almost like him self again, But it just went down hill from here, On the morning of 6-4-08 we let the dogs out as always and buddy just limped to the middle of the yard and layed down, I knew his time was drawing near. After about 15 minutes he got up and did his thing and then layed down on the back porch. After about an hour i let the boys in because it was starting to get warm out. About 30 minutes later buddy started labour breathing and was just laying on the floor kinda in a trance so to speak. I talked to him and held him and he just layed there numb. He had this strange look in his eyes and kinda looked as if he was blind,He didn't appear to be in any pain. I just could not take this any longer and called the vet and made an appointment to have him put to sleep the following day, But buddy was ready to go now not then, 15 minutes after calling the vet buddy passed peacefully on our living room floor were he always layed, This was his favorite spot to lay. Needles to say we were and still have a breaking heart, We have created a memorial site for buddy if you would like to visit it and light a candle for our dear friend buddy. They are currently updating the site so it's down at the moment but it will be up soon.
    http://www.buddyone.pets-memories.com/index.php

Now for some better news, We just got another lab on Saturday. He is a AKC/Champion bloodline male black lab @ 7 weeks old and just a little dough ball. He is so gentle and a very calm little guy. I'll try to post some pics of all our dogs in a few days once i figure out just where and how to post images here..

Thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dynamicdogs is offline Member

DefaultRe: New Member from Indiana

Elcome to the forum.
    Really sorry to hear about Buddy. He is gone to the rainbow bridge now.
    Congrats on your new like fluffball. I am sure he is a bundle of joy.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, just piss on it and walk away

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

I am so sorry to hear about Buddy. Congrats on your new addition !

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tundra Aries Guest

I am so sorry to hear about Buddy too.

Congratulations on your little one!

Thank you!!

Here is a shot of Snoop & Buddy. And one of our new little guy Brie. I'll post more pics of all of them later this weekend in the picture thread section. Hopefully buddy's site will be back up soon, Then you can view many more images of him.

He is greatly missed, We still have a difficult time comprehending this, He was only 2 years old

Thanks again!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

sarah is offline Senior Member

welcome to the forum, so sorry to hear about your loss of Buddy
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

Welcome! So sorry to hear about Buddy, but can't wait to see puppy pics.

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Welcome and I'm so sorry to hear about Buddy. Where in Indiana are you? I'm in Fort Wayne.

What a small world. We live in Mishawaka about 8 miles east of So.Bend. My father & mother inlaws live in
    Fort Wayne....

Hello welcome from the UK. Sorry to hear about Buddie but I'm sure little Brie will help you and Snoop recover from the sad loss!