Hello from Alaska

Thread: Hello from Alaska

glacier44 is offline Junior Member

DefaultHello from Alaska

Hi!

I just joined tonight and figured I should post here. I currently am lab-less We lost my precious girl to cancer Sept. 9th. She was only 9 years old. I'm currently looking for a show prospect to add to my family as we adore labs and feel a bit lost without our girl.

I love reading about everyone's labs Such great goofy dogs.

If anyone feels like privately messaging me the names of some reputable breeders I would love it. I'm doing my research now as I expect it to be awhile for the right pup to come along.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Garth is offline Registered Users

DefaultRe: Hello from Alaska

from

Can you see Russia from your house like Sarah Palin or are you on the wrong side of the country?.

I lost my boy to cancer of the spleen earlier this year. Not nice. :no: Hope you get your new pup soon.

LOL! No can't see Russia from here - and neither can she Ahhh but it's good fodder for SNL :P

Sorry about your sweetie too. It's so hard Sophie's was first issue was a Renal Tube Carcinoma. It was a 2 lb tumor attached to her kidney. Had the tumor and kidney removed and the surgeon and our main vet were so hopeful because they saw no sign that it had spread anywhere on gross or the films. We had a couple good months and then she started slowing down again- took her in and there was a softball size growth in her chest. Lost her 6 weeks later.

My user pic if of her when she was on a down stay in class this summer- after healing from the surgery, but before getting sick with the new tumor. It was a good day

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Hey! Welcome from Arizona. How about we trade places. I'll take your place in AK and you can have mine in AZ.

Sorry to hear about your girl, I think most of us can relate to your loss. Leaves a big ol hole in the heart. Go on over to Lab Chat, if you haven't yet and get to know the folks. I am mostly in Odds and Ends, so don't be afraid to come over there. This is not a moderated forum so we do that ourselves, sometimes we do it well sometimes not so well, but we have fun.

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Hi from Oregon, welcome!! I have some relates in Anchorage! Hey Kaedesmom I'll come live in AZ. how do you like rain? Glacier44 don't mind Garth, he is a little obsessed with Sarah Palin and gets a little snarkly about it! Hope you enjoy it here, and good luck on your journey to your new pup!

Sorry for your loss. I am right next store in the Yukon, so that makes us neighbours.

Garth is offline Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by dipete
    Glacier44 don't mind Garth, he is a little obsessed with Sarah Palin and gets a little snarkly about it!
    Yeah obsessed with saving the world from her & her evil ways. So far my game plan seems to be working.

Hello to you from PA with 5 siberian huskies!!! and 3 labs....Have you seen the Iditarod yet???
    Sorry to hear of your lab....time will heal...

kaedesmom- noooooooooo I would DIE in AZ! I can't take the heat. Butt there's lost of room up here! come on up LOVE the kitty pic (im a big fan of icanhasacheeseburger)- I laughed so hard my hubby came into my office to see what the heck was going on. Have to admit he laughed too

dipete- I lived in Oregon for about 3 years (way back in the 80s) Salem and Portland. LOVED living there- We would go to the mountains one weekend and the ocean the next. I miss those beaches!

maggies_Dad- Howdy neighbor! When I lived in SE Alaska I used to go to Whitehorse and Haines Junction whenever possible. And of course we always stocked up on Aero Bars. LOL! Hubby just brought me some home in August- I still have a few hidden in the freezer - YUM!

Quote Originally Posted by garthc
    Quote Originally Posted by dipete
    Glacier44 don't mind Garth, he is a little obsessed with Sarah Palin and gets a little snarkly about it!
    Yeah obsessed with saving the world from her & her evil ways. So far my game plan seems to be working.
    LOL! no worries- seems like everyone is obsessed with her these days- whether for her or against her.

VHLabs- Hi! Yes. I've gone to the Ceremonial start of the Iditarod every year since 2003 (except 2006 as I had just had a baby 3 weeks prior ) A couple years I was inside the fence- the chute area when they actually line up and start and was able to yak with mushers and handlers- and the rest of the years I went out on the trail- I also have loads of pics from the trail. I did go to the restart once, but it was so bitter cold that day I didn't stay long. Drove almost 2 hours to go watch and left after just half an hour LOL! I have been privileged enough to have met some of the great mushers. It's such a hoot! I hope to be an Iditarider one of these days- Just gotta win the auction!

My friend up here show Sibes. Lovely dogs! He breeds occasionally and is very selective to breed for working ability and mind, as well as for being able to knock em dead in the breed ring

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome! Someday I will have a lab again. I am beginning the process now, but of course it will take a while to find THE pup. But when I do I will spam with pics! LOL!