Hi from Michigan

Thread: Hi from Michigan

DefaultHi from Michigan

Hi,

I'm Denise, companion to Duke (1yo yellow Lab) and Bright Sunshiny Day (8yo German Shepherd mix).

Duke is my beautiful rescue puppy. He just came to me recently, having been in 3 foster homes and through 2 unsuccessful adoptions. He was found wandering the streets, having been hit by a car. He spent a couple weeks in a shelter, which had no money to treat his injuries. Then he was rescued by a group who paid for FHO surgery, neutering, microchipping, and caught him up on shots. After 3 fosters and the 2 unsuccessful adoptions, the rescue woman called me to see if I would come take a look at him, and that this would be his last chance. I brought him home with me that night, and I'm madly and hopelessly in love with him. He's about a year old, and every day with him is an adventure.

Duke is my first Lab, but I've always had large dogs (Collie, Shepherd, Golden). Wow ~ Labs are a whole different world, aren't they? On June 3, I had to have my 14yo Blue Merle Collie, Henry, put down. It was the hardest day of my life. Duke brings me so much pleasure and so much love. I miss Henry terribly, but Duke is helping make life easier. Well, more challenging in some ways , but overall, much better.

Personal ~ I'm 52yo, married for 27 years, have 2 grown sons (Nate 26, Trevor 23), Duke, Sunshine and a 2yo Maine Coon named Maxx. We live happily in the country, and life is good.

Denise

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TheLimpShrimp is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Hi from Michigan

Welcome Duke and Denise. What a beautiful boy Duke is.

Tundra Aries Guest

Welcome from NY!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Welcome and thanks for rescuing Duke !

Gene Guest

Welcome from Illinois