Howdy from Me and my Labs!

Thread: Howdy from Me and my Labs!

luckysmom is offline Junior Member

DefaultHowdy from Me and my Labs!

I am glad to find this forum. I have 3 labs. All of them are rescues........

My first labs story is Gretchen. Her previous owners moved and left her behind. She was running the streets. :living out of garbage cans. A friend of mine call me and asked me if I wanted to take her in. She is approx 1 1/2 years old. She is a lovable ol girl!

My second lab Bob- Bob was found running down the middle of a busy highway @ 8 weeks old. He almost got hit. A friend of mine took him in. He then quickly realized he was not prepared to handle the responsibility of a puppy. He was going to take him to the local shelter. I told him under no conditions, he was going to take him there.... I promptly went to pick him up...... My boyfriends daughter named him Bob. She says he "just looks like a Bob." Another wonderful addition to our family.......

Last but def not least.... Lucky Lucky's story is a heartwarming story. He has overcome several disabilities. Lucky was dumped off on our road at 6 months old. His front legs are deformed, he was blind in one eye. We had to get him through the painful treatment for adult heartworms..... We took him in and named him Lucky. Last year, he went completely blind. This did not depress this dog at all..... He manages to still play fetch by sniffing for his ball. We have to kick the ground to let him know we threw ball.

Victoria

Here is Gretchen

Here is Bob

Here is Lucky Lounging in his pool..........

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Howdy from Me and my Labs!

Welcome to the forum and bless you for rescuing all these pups! They all look very happy and seem to be living the good life with you.

Did Lucky have cataracts? HIs eyes look white in the pic.
    Sharon

luckysmom is offline Junior Member

He doesn't have cataracts.... Per the vet the fluid inside his eyes, has clouded. His right eye doesn't have a pupil at all. We initially though it was cataracts, wanted to get them removed. Then we found out that there was no fix for the issue.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tundra Aries Guest

Welcome from NY!!!

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Beautiful pups, aww Bob has already stolen my heart, a softie for those chocolates! Welcome aboard the funny farm!