Hello, I'm new here

Thread: Hello, I'm new here

sweetlady_ody is offline Junior Member

DefaultHello, I'm new here

Hello everyone,

I have a 1 1/2 year old black lab named Walter. Walter has had some health issues since he was a pup. Recently I had some allergy testing done as a last resort and it came back he is allergic to a type of dust mite that lives in mold. The only thing I can think of is that the carpet in the room we keep him in has mold under it. I live in an apartment and don't have the option of installing new carpet or have the space to move his kennel, does anyone have any suggestions on things to try? The vet reccomends a type of allergy injection treatment, but I can't afford that right now. I'm still paying on vet bills from the last 1 1/2 years of trying to figure out what was wrong with him. I love him so much and hate to see him suffer, he is constantly scratching: which caused sores, and then the open soress cause an infection. I just want my loving and outgoing dog to stop suffering!

Sweetlady_ody

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Hello, I'm new here

Welcome to the forum. I suggest you cross post in lab chat and health so more people can see your questions.

Sorry I have no suggestions - hope Walter gets relief soon.

Tundra Aries Guest

I just wanted to say welcome!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Jeep274 is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the forum.

I am sorry Walter has had such a rough start in life health wise. I don't know where you live, but a lot of areas have laws about mold these days and your landlord could be required to have remediation done. Have you discussed this with your landlord? It is not just a health concern for Walter, but also for you. Mold is a very dangerous thing to have in your home.

I would even consider using heavy plastic sheet laid over the carpet to somewhat seal the mold in and then buy some cheap remnant carpet to lay over that. Just some ideas.