What a sad way to join
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a sad way to join

tilasdad is offline Junior Member

DefaultWhat a sad way to join

Hi all. I just feel like venting, so I hope no one minds. I have 2 blacks. My female Tila joined our happy family on July 1st of 07. She was born in april. I have a male tonic and he was born in July. They have been a lot of fun to work with. I have been trying to train them to hunt. Of course it's winter now, so training is a little harder. Tila took to forced fetch right away, heel, stay.... what a good dog. Tonic is a little more hyper, but he's learning all the same. About a month ago I had to take Tila to the vet because her jaw was swolen. They said that she had an infection, so they gave her some antibiotic and sent us home. Yesterday her jaw was really swollen so I called our vet in for an emergency call. After doing tests and everything we came to find out she has a large cancerous tumor in her mouth. Her teeth are falling out and she's in a lot of pain. It's just hard to believe because she's under a year old. It's pretty heartbreaking how you can fall in love with an animal so fast. I always had them on a strict diet, but now Tila gets anything she wants. My wife wants to get me (and Tonic) another puppy, but it's still pretty hard to take. I'm afraid how depressed he is going to be once Tila is gone. I guess what I'm trying to say, is enjoy your best friends as much as you can for as long as you have with them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlab dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: What a sad way to join

I'm so sorry about Tila and also very sorry that you have to go through this.
    Sending good thoughts to Tila and you.

Bella

brody is offline Senior Member

welcome

and i have to say your wife might be right - another dog may help you all through what is bound to be difficult time... tho perhaps you'll want to wait and just adore your girl for now

sometimes life just SUCKS
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Allies Mom is offline Senior Member

I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you, Tila and your family during this difficult time.

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Such sad news, so sorry!

TanDunc is offline Member

I'm so sorry. Sending good thoughts for Tila. Did you vet offer any suggestions? Is there anything that can be done?

Marnie is offline Member

The pain of losing our beloved pets is the price we pay for loving them, but it's worth it for both us and our pets. There is no love as unconditional as the love a dog has for it's owner. Make her comfortable and happy and love her til the end and you will have been the best owner you could be. Don't forget Tonic will need some extra attention too as I'm sure he can sense something isn't right. I've always found that after the loss of a pet, for me it's always been helpful to have another pet to pass the love too. Maybe you and Tonic will get through the pain together and maybe you will need another wet nose to help, either way it sounds like you've done all you can do to make life special for your Tila. I'm so sorry for your sadness and situation. We'll be thinking of you and Tila.

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

I am so sorry. Sending good thoughts for Tila.

imported_CindersMyGirl is offline Senior Member

I'm so sorry.

tilasdad is offline Junior Member

Picture of Tila and I
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast