Just Joined
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Joined

TanDunc is offline Member

DefaultJust Joined

I just wanted to say, "hi." I was a member of this board a few years back, but didn't post much. Lately, I've been lurking in the training section and decided to come out and join. Some of you might know me from another board. I'm enjoying being back.

I have two yellow boys who are our fur kids. We compete in rally and have started some obedience. We have also trained and competed in agility. I look forward to learning more from all of you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Just Joined

oh my gosh!

HELLO STRANGER

Not sure if you remember me, but either way it's great to see you! (Dryfo from the other board years and years ago)
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

How could I NOT remember you! Oh my gosh! It's great to see you! When I open this thread and saw that SWEET face in your avatar I knew right away who it was!

How's Dryf?.....I miss seeing pictures of that boy!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dryf is doing well considering his age. He is 14 - will be 15 in may!!
    He still has the heart of a puppy, wanting to do all the things he no longer can do, but to me this means he still has LOTS of life in him

I've adopted a chocolate lab from Dani (two and a half years ago now) named Rocky. A chocolate male, exactly what i had wanted! We do flyball, weekly therapy visits at a hospital and have started abit of Rally. I've also started fostering for a local rescue (thus the ACD in my sig, the other little gal was a house guest)

How are the boys? Are you doing less agility to work more on Rally/Obedience? Does Tanner still do visits at your school?

Awwwww! I love that man, Dryf! He's always had a soft spot in my heart! Such a sweet, sweet face!

Ok, now I remember you getting Rocky! That is so great that you're doing therapy visits, flyball and rally. He's one lucky boy and so handsome!

The boys are great. Tanner is 5 and The Dunc-a-roo (Duncan) is still very much the WILD child at 3. LOL! Tanner doesn't do much agility any more due to a problem with his elbow. Both boys, however, are now competing in rally. Duncan is in excellent and Tanner (who has only been in a few show....I had to work with that wild child!) is in advanced. We love it, but still miss the thrill of agility. It is nice, however, to have both boys in the same sport. Tanner still works in my classroom. That's a real treat.

How are you (and the boys) enjoying Rally? I've only taken on class so far, hope to continue soon. Sounds like your boys are doing really well.

Love your signature picture, it's beautiful (and the boys are very handsome!)

We like rally. I just have to be careful with my hand signals or commands with Tanner or he'll move away from me like he would in agility. LOL! Everytime there's a jump on the course he just stares at me like, "Can I go ahead and take it?" I think it kills him to have to stay in a heel and then take it.

Do you plan to compete?

rottnlab dad is offline Senior Member

I love your sig pic. Your dogs are gorgeous!

Bella

Quote Originally Posted by rottnlab dad
    I love your sig pic. Your dogs are gorgeous!
    Thank you. Bella is adorable, too!

I'm not close to competing with rocky so I'm not sure if I will. It would be nice. I need at least a few more classes first though

We've been concentrating on flyball, we go three times a week. He's about ready to compete FINALLY (two years later!! Most dogs are sent into competition within a year or so!).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast