New to site, getting a black lab!

Thread: New to site, getting a black lab!

sgarrand is offline Junior Member

DefaultNew to site, getting a black lab!

Hello All,

I just wanted to introduce myself before I dive in here. It seems like these forums are busy and that's great. Today we visited a local breeder (same town!) and put a deposit on a puppy born on 2/14. He was the only boy black lab out of a litter of 8. The others were 6 black girls and a chocolate boy. We plan to visit our pup until he's ready to take home. This will be our first dog as a family (married 6 years on 3/22/08, 3 year old daughter) and first dog since I was a kid. I'm so excited, I just ordered 5 books from Amazon (used, $.01 each, $4 shipping) to read until our pup gets here. I want to know all I can about Labs. Well.. I guess there isn't much more to say. See you all around!

Scott

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_CHOCO4ME is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: New to site, getting a black lab!

Welcome Scott and congrats on the new addition! Stick around the forum, there is a lot to learn here. Just go surfing around and see what you find. Lots of good advice in the training section. We have very experienced members here! You will love it! Can't wait to see pics of the new puppy!
    Jake, Blue and Ginger<br />

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

As mentioned aboe, great info here. Congrats on your new pup!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tundra Aries Guest

Welcome from NY!

Bailey24 is offline Senior Member

Welcome from WI; great to have you on the board.
    As the other have said - full of great information - dig around and you'll learn soooo much!
    We'd luv to see pictures of your cutie when you're able to post some.
    <br /><br />~ Angie &amp; Bailey ~<br />My Dogster Page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/509673

Also a little background info. I'm 28, my wife Deb will be 25 on Saturday. I mentioned my daughter, her name is Alexandra and she's 3. We live in central MA between the cities of Springfield and Worcester. We're in the Quaboag Valley. I am a cable technician who works second shift (home on lunch right now) and I plan to go out and play a lot in the mornings with our new pup. We like to go geocaching and I'm sure it'll be even more fun with a dog to come along. I'd better get going back to work now. Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Scott

labcrazy is offline Member

Welcome to you and your family. Congratulations on your addition. What is geocaching?
    tara
    &quot;Heaven goes by favor, if it went by merit you would stay out and your dog would go in&quot; - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by labcrazy
    Welcome to you and your family. Congratulations on your addition. What is geocaching?
    tara
    Geocaching is a high tech treasure hunt. It usually involves long hikes and people use handheld GPS units to find the coordinates of a hidden weather proof container. You swap out little trinkets and sign the log to say you were there. In addition you sign online and try to increase your number of finds. It's been around for years and there are many thousands if not millions of them throughout the world. I've never gone with a dog but I know many people do. Hope I answered your question.

Scott