Hello..new to forum

Thread: Hello..new to forum

viclabs is offline Junior Member

DefaultHello..new to forum

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to all! I have 2 labs, 1 chocolate female, 1 yellow female (but she's white in color).
    Just bred my chocolate labrador in Sept. 06 and placed all of her pups quickly to family homes who will provide lots of love. I absolutely love labs and their ability to learn so quickly! I plan on doing some more training in order to train each a special ability to hunt, but not for ducks...for material things.
    Gotta love them!

Nice to meet you all,
    viclabs

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Gene Guest

DefaultRe: Hello..new to forum

Tundra Aries Guest

Welcome from NY!!!! ;D

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Hi and welcome. I visited your site, and just to save you from some potential clashes with some members, I highly suggest you read this thread in it's entirety:
    https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...c,34657.0.html

It will give you a good sense of what the general opinion of the board is with reference to the issue of breeding.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

labcrazy is offline Member

Welcome to the board.
    Tara
    "Heaven goes by favor, if it went by merit you would stay out and your dog would go in" - Mark Twain

Thank you for the help and topics on breeding. However, I made sure my lab pups were placed before I bred. Most family took them or friends because they fell in love with my dogs or they wanted to show their new pups and believed I should be showing my labs, however we were not interested in doing so because showing a dog takes a lot of time and we have a family and children as well who are involved in a lot of sports and 4H. Our labs are our family too and they are involved in our everyday lives as part of our family, the way it should be if you have a pet, but "showing" a dog doesn't have to be the only reason you have one. Now I know there are so many opinions out there and I always strongly suggest to people to go to our shelters in our local area, it's even on my site. I mainly created that site only to show others my pups should I have not been able to place them all for some reason. Maybe I should make it a MY LABS page instead of how I set it up. But I believe if we didn't have breeders out there, no one would have specific breeds. I know that California is about to place a new law requiring all pet owners to have their pets spayed or neutered unless they are a breeder and the dog is registered. I just recently heard that, so soon, that state may have limited "mutts" running around. It will also cause prices to skyrocket for a pet of a certain breed. I am not sure I will breed again though as it is very time consuming and a full time job to care for those lovely pups. I appreciate your help and the links, but If I am bombarded with hateful posts, I will leave the forum, not a problem. I am on here because of my love for the breed, not to be harrassed.

imported_CHOCO4ME is offline Senior Member

Welcome!
    Jake, Blue and Ginger<br />

Thank you for all the kind welcomes! I look forward to sharing my experiences with all of you and I am so pleased to see such beautiful labradors! They all looks so happy and healthy and again...just beautiful! The labrador breed is so much fun and makes you smile, doesn't it?