Hello folks ...

Thread: Hello folks ...

DefaultHello folks ...

Greetings from Chicagoland.

I’m Jase, and that cutie to the left is Bella Ici. She was adopted from a local rescue group after her owner gave her up because she “kept getting pregnant.”

I’ve wanted a chocolate lab for a long, long time. I’m finally at a point in my life where I felt like I was ready for one, and I casually mentioned to my girlfriend that I’d like to adopt a dog for my birthday.

So we began our search. After a month or so, I found Bella (then named Hershey Kisses) on Petfinder.com, and began to gently badger the woman at the rescue group. The woman called, and told us Bella was at a local vet, having just been spayed, and we could run up there to see her. We made plans, and that night when we left work we got caught in a terrible snowstorm. It took us three hours to get home that night, and we didn’t get to see Bella. I was pretty bummed.

So I kept calling the woman, trying NOT to stalk her but being persistent, and finally we got a call around 7 p.m. on a Saturday that we could go see Bella, up near Milwaukee. We hopped in the car and drove up. A few hours later we returned with Bella.

I visited this forum many times during the search for Bella, making sure that a lab would be a good dog for our family, and learning as much more about the breed as I could before we found her.

She’s learning to play and we’re learning how to retrieve things as well. She no longer smells like a foot, which is a HUGE plus. She’s home where she belongs now, with the two of us, our four kids (16, 7 and 3 year old twins), my girlfriend’s Corgi (who is the dominant dog, just ask her) and our cat.

So hi … we wanted to say hello. I also wanted to thank you guys for the vast amounts of knowledge here… what a great resource.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Hello folks ...

Wow, her first owner sounds like a real idiot

I am so glad you have her!!!!

Hello from another new one to the forum. Congrats on the new addition to your family!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tundra Aries Guest

Welcome from NY!

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like Bella has a great forever family in you.
    Tara