Shedding . . omg what can be done ??

Thread: Shedding . . omg what can be done ??

weefagirl is offline Junior Member

DefaultShedding . . omg what can be done ??

HI, I am new to the website and I am looking for some advice regarding the shedding of my 5 year old yellow lab. It's really really a lot of hair....everywhere. I just don't know what to do any more, it's becoming a problem for the household. I've tried brushing everyday, oil in her food . . that does not work. Any advice ?? :-[

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Shedding . . omg what can be done ??

Part of the price of owning a lab. I have since decorated in sheds I mean shades of my Clancey boy. Go look over in lab chat where people will discuss the merits of zoom and groom, different combs etc...

Tundra Aries Guest

I just brush and vacuum, after awhile you pretty much get used to it...don't pay much attention to it after awhile, I almost feel like it's a decoration of my house now lol.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_ChowHound is offline Senior Member

It drives me crazy, too. I find it everywhere -- in the fridge, the microwave, my shoes, my food : My new years resolution was to brush her daily ... but I can't tell it makes any difference. She's a shedding beast ~ but I'm so crazy about her so I'll put up with it all.

<br />~ Laurie &amp; Shelby ~

labcrazy is offline Member

I don't know how true this is but my trainer told us to not over brush our boy (1x/week max). I don't know if I am lucky or this advice really works but we have very little shedding(usually in the spring).
    Tara
    &quot;Heaven goes by favor, if it went by merit you would stay out and your dog would go in&quot; - Mark Twain

imported_VHLabs is offline Senior Member

ok.. you havent seen shedding untill you have 5 siberian huskies with you crew!!!!!!

sarah is offline Senior Member

We bought a shedding blade for Milly. She's only 9 weeks old but we used it on her lightly the other day and it made a great difference to how she felt and the hair that came off her little body was amazing!!

this link should help you find one i hope!! http://thepuppyshop.com/ershedblad.html It was well worth the money and i'm sure we'll get more use out of it as Milly grows!
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia