New Lab

Thread: New Lab

Ana
    Ana is offline Junior Member

DefaultNew Lab

This is my first time here. I got a 6 week old black lab and she's coming home this weekend. Her name is ebony and I'm in love. Any general pointers?

Also, I have a 13 year old male Basenji named Caesar. What is the bed way to introduce Ebony to Caesar?

Lastly, are there any "must have" or "swear by" products I should purchase?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jan elaine Guest

DefaultRe: New Lab

Welcome! I am sure you will learn alot on this forum. I did! Must have: Natures Miracle. It is too clean up any pee or poo accidents ebony might have. There is a post at the top of "introduction" or "puppy" forum posts that gives must have information. Enjoy your new fur-baby!

Hi and welcome! I just joined the forum too. I recently added a Choc. Lab to the family. What I did was have the breeder send me a blanket/towel w/ his scent so my other furbies could smell him. I kept the towel in his crate and when he did come home, I felt like my others knew he was coming.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

welcome, and congrats. Is your puppy coming home at 6weeks? If so you will definitely want to bring a blanket with you to grab the sent of his siblings. You can also find toys that can be warmed up at most pet stores for comfort.

you have gotten some good tips so far. i would also get a crate!
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Bailey24 is offline Senior Member

Welcome from WI; great to have you & Ebony on the board.
    We can't wait to see some pics of you new little cutie.
    Congrats & good luck. My must-have list includes a crate, water/food dishes, food, durable toys (mine didn't take long to de-stuff the stuffed animals) like kongs or nylabones.
    <br /><br />~ Angie &amp; Bailey ~<br />My Dogster Page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/509673