New Here

Thread: New Here

DefaultNew Here

what a great site! I lost the love of my life last Wed (7/22/09) and I'm lost and heartbroken but this site has helped me feel a bit better. Minnie Pearl Bailey II, affectionately known around here as Bailey (white female lab) was 11 years, 11 months, and 8 days old when she left. She had a paralyzed laranyx which created breathing problems for her. When she got up on Wed morning she could hardly breathe and I knew it was time. Hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life!

Anyway, thanks to all of you for the great stories and pictures of you Labs. We are currently in the hunt for a reputable breeder in CA to get our next puppy around the first of the year. Being without a dog is like a big hole in my life. I've had a Lab everyday of my life for the last 20+ years and look forward to the next one.
    LabLover4
    aka
    Dave

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rayluckgoo is offline Senior Member

So sorry to hear about your loss. Have fun puppy hunting and welcome.

lisa is offline Senior Member

So sorry to hear about the loss of your pup. I can completely understand, I lost my best friend of almost 14 years. It really is the hardest thing to go through. This site is great, everyone is so nice and helpful. God Bless on your journey for your new pup.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rayluckgoo View Post
    So sorry to hear about your loss. Have fun puppy hunting and welcome.
    all of my past dogs seem to have come so easily. Maybe it's my fading memory but these days it's a problem wading through the puppy mills and know nothing breeders. Come to think of it, this will be the first dog that I've had the Internet resource available for finding a pup...the good with the bad I guess
    lablover4
    aka
    Dave

Dexter Dogg is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the forum. Really sorry to hear about your loss. I hope all goes well with the puppy search.

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Welcome Dave, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Good luck in finding your new pup.

bacsibob is offline Senior Member

Smile

Hi Dave,

I just joined the forum. We wanted a companion for our 6y/o but didn't want to do the puppy thing again. We went to look at a choc. female and the folks also had a 1.5 y/o male (and a litter of pups). They were selling all because of the economy.

We brought Abby along and she and the male really hit it off. I realize we got lucky, but I suspect there are a lot of young adult dogs looking for a good home.

sarah is offline Senior Member

I am sorry for your loss. Good Luck on your search for a new puppy. If you are on the lookout for a reputable breeder post in the Lab Chat section, the folks there should be able to give you an idea of what questions to ask ... or they may even know a reputable breeder in your area!

cheers, Sarah
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia