Soft tissue sarcoma

Thread: Soft tissue sarcoma

Taz
    Taz is offline Junior Member

DefaultSoft tissue sarcoma

This is my first visit to this site so I apologize if this question has been asked before. I have a beautiful 7 year old black lad named Kasey who is my pride and joy. Over the past 2 years she has had cruciate (sp) surgery on bother her hind knees and just 5 weeks ago had a growth removed from her right shoulder. While playing with her this morning I noticed another growth starting. It just saddens me to think she will have to go through another surgery so soon. My question is has any other black lab owners or should I say parents elected not to have these lumps/growths removed and how has this affected your lab? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated......
    Worried dad
    Taz.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jlab Guest

DefaultRe: Soft tissue sarcoma

Hi Taz,

Just noticed your first post and wanted to respond and welcome you to Just Labs. Sorry for the late welcome.

This topic has been discussed many times. You may want to try the search function to find all the extensive lists or responses. You may also want to try posting this in the lab health and nutrition section for some better feedback on this topic. That's where most of the experts in this area hang out.

I've seen the same lumps with my black lab that I owned years ago. At first, I had the vet cut them all out as they occured. But then they became so numerous as she got older that I just followed the vets advice and only removed the ones that were out of the ordinary (deep hard lumps and lumps that were bothering her).

I really don't think it would be a problem leaving that recent lump alone as long as it doesn't bother her and the vet doesn't consider it a problem lump.