I love my lab.

Thread: I love my lab.

Klaytos is offline Junior Member

DefaultI love my lab.

I am a first time dog owner. I wanted to wait until I bought a house, witha big backyard before I got a dog. And a Lab was the
    only dog I wanted. I got her 13 months ago when she was only 10 weeks old. She she is yellow, very white though. Her name is
    Scout and she is now almost 16 months old. She has turned into a great daog, but as a puppy she was very destructive and
    mischievious. She got into everything and loved play biting. I used to go to work and people would see my arms and wonder
    what I was doing to myself, but it was not me, it was Scout. Those first 8 months were rough, butnow she is my best friend.
    She loves everyone and everything. Has anyone else gone through these terrible puppy months.
    I look forward to discussing all Lab reltd topics.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Beachboys is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I love my lab.

Hi welocmt to JL. Would love to see a picture of scout. Sounds like she is Mambo's sister. He was a terror, but I love him more than anything now.

Callaway is offline Senior Member

Hi there! Boy do I feel your pain. Mine is a little over 6 months an he's still nipping when he can! No more blood though thank goodness! Hope to see some pics soon.

Courtney, Bogey and Calli

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bailey24 is offline Senior Member

Welcome from WI; great to have you & Scout on the board!
    Luv to see pics too!! She also sounds like Bailey's sister (I'm seeing a common theme here!) - Bailey was such a terror as a pup, but now at 18 months is the love of my life (besides the DH ).
    <br /><br />~ Angie &amp; Bailey ~<br />My Dogster Page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/509673

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Welcome to you and Scout from Barrie ONtario

I didn't have the nipping problem. He played w/ my other dog(lab mix) so I guess playing bitting her was enough for him. However, my lab mix did the nipping thing as a pup, but she didn't leave marks and I was able to break her of it quickly. But I know of others who had problems w/ their hunting dogs as they are so mouthy. So not unusual at all. As much as I love labs I have found that the purebred lab is by far the worst adolescent(from the 6 to 12 month period). If you can get through that period you can get through anything. Of course knowing that wouldn't stop me from getting another lab puppy. I'm fairly new as well, but welcome. Oh and by the way I love my lab too.

Pearlsmom is offline Junior Member

My Pearl was the same way. But now at 4 years she's as mellow as can be.
    Her vicea now are food, countersurfing, being addicted to swimming and balls.
    It's unbelievable.
    But she's the best ever.
    You'll just grow to love yours more and more.
    Good luck

Gene Guest

WELCOME