Hello from sunny Tampa, FL

Thread: Hello from sunny Tampa, FL

awhitten is offline Junior Member

DefaultHello from sunny Tampa, FL

Hello to all. I am new to this website and am extremely excited about the knowledge I will gain from many experienced lab owners.
    Currently, my wife and I have a miniature dachshund that is almost 3 years old and I am awaiting a an "addition" to our family coming the beginning of November. She is to be a pure bred yellow lab. I did a load of research, spoke with the breeder many times back and forth and feel very comfortable with what I am getting. As of now, my wife and I are trying to figure out a name for this girl (suggestions are always welcome) ;D
    I have a load of questions which I'm sure many people have asked so I will do research here before I ask but just wanted to say hi and I am looking forward to the insight.
    Andy

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

sunnylaz is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Hello from sunny Tampa, FL

Welcome from the East coast of Florida! I'm sure your waiting is killing you! We got our puppy 5 weeks ago, and the waiting was terrible (we even left our vacation early to bring him home because I couldn't wait any longer!). I've learned a lot from this board, and I'm sure you will too!
    <br />Jonah - born 6/20/07

Bailey24 is offline Senior Member

Welcome from WI; great to have you on the board!!
    Congrats one your soon-to-be new little one; we can't wait to see pics when you bring her home.
    This is a great site; a good resource.
    <br /><br />~ Angie &amp; Bailey ~<br />My Dogster Page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/509673

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Welcoome from Barrie Ontario !

Beachboys is offline Senior Member

Welcome to JL. We are neighbors. Over here in St. Pete. I am sure Novemeber seems to far away at this point. Can't wait to see pictures.

jcfehr is offline Senior Member

Hello for Tampa also !!!!!

it is already October so your new addition is right around the corner ..... hopefully you will all be able to meet up with us ...Amanda and I (and Mambo and Dakota too) try to meet up at Ft DeSoto at least once a month so the kids can play. sometimes the black Dakota comes too !!

Looking forward to meeting your new baby girl !!!

Julie
    <br /><br />

luv4labs is offline Member

Welcome from Illinois! Can't wait to see pics of your new baby! I bet your counting the days! I would be.
    &quot;My sunshine doesn&#39;t come from the skies,<br />It comes from the love in my dog&#39;s eyes.&quot;<br />

Merlot_1 Guest

Welcome, from Gene in Chicagoland

[quote=awhitten ]
    Hello to all. I am new to this website and am extremely excited about the knowledge I will gain from many experienced lab owners.
    Currently, my wife and I have a miniature dachshund that is almost 3 years old and I am awaiting a an "addition" to our family coming the beginning of November. She is to be a pure bred yellow lab. I did a load of research, spoke with the breeder many times back and forth and feel very comfortable with what I am getting. As of now, my wife and I are trying to figure out a name for this girl (suggestions are always welcome) ;D
    I have a load of questions which I'm sure many people have asked so I will do research here before I ask but just wanted to say hi and I am looking forward to the insight.
    Andy
    [/quot]
    My mom has a mini-doxie. Be prepared to give the lab a lot of exercise. Twice a day long walks, rain, snow/blizzard, shine, and of course playtime. I've found that labs are one of the most difficult adolescents, but if you can get though that you'll be fine. Anyway, good for you for doing research. A lot of people don't and then end up w/ the wrong breed. Many you have many happy years together with your lab.