Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie

Bogey 1 Guest

DefaultNewbie

Hi, my name is Court and this is my 5 month old Bogey. I am not a first time lab owner my husband and i recently lost our 16 year old yellow lab Bo. I will say I never thought i could get another dog, but I am soooo glad we did. He is a real handful though. Anyway I came here to get some advice and just to chat with other lab owners, because as you all know theres no other breed quite like them!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tucker. is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Newbie

Welcome.

Bailey24 is offline Senior Member

Welcome from WI; great to have you & Bogey on the board.
    Sorry for you recent loss, but congrats on your new little one!!
    <br /><br />~ Angie &amp; Bailey ~<br />My Dogster Page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/509673

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bambam is offline Junior Member

Welcome from North Carolina!

I am a first time lab owner and can't imagine how hard your loss was. I am sure you are enjoying your new baby. Look forward to hearing from you.

melinda
    <br /><br /><br /><br />

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the forum. I can't wait to see pics.
    I am so sorry about your recent loss.

Callaway is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the condolences. I must say having a new little one trys my patience!! I'm used to a 16 yr old who was good for about 20 minutes of play immediately following a 4 hr nap! LOL. But they are great dogs. Just curious Bambam how are your arms and legs handling all of the abuse! I look like I've been ten rounds with Ali!!! Thanks for the warm welcome and I will post pics when I learn how.

Courtney, Bogey and Calli

I know the nipping is ridiculous. I hear it will still get worse. He must love the taste of my skin! I try to give him lots of fun chew toys, but I am the favorite.
    <br /><br /><br /><br />

Callaway is offline Senior Member

Oh my!!!!! He's what now a little over 4 months? If So our pups are around the same age. He turned 5 months today. I really don't think he could get much worse! I can't wait for the teething to be over. I know I've got a while to go. He'll be fine one minute just playing with a toy and the next he's tearing my pants apart. Bambam is beautiful though. No matter how bad it hurts its hard to stay upset at such a cute face!

Courtney, Bogey and Calli

That is so true! I can only be mad at him for a few minutes. He is precious. Just like your little angel.
    <br /><br /><br /><br />

luv4labs is offline Member

Welcome! Can't wait to see pics. I am kind of in the same boat. I lost my faithful Chocolate companion of 14 years. Waited six weeks and couldn't stand how quiet the house was, so I picked up a little yellow bundle of joy. I had long forgotten those puppy days. It can be trying, but there is a light at the end. . . I just try to remember that Dakota went through these puppy trials too and we made it through. I miss him so much and almost felt as though I was betraying his memory by getting another. Good luck and know that there are many others here going through what you are. Drake is 6 mos. old - the biting and nipping are still going on. He thinks he's playing. I think its very trying of the patience!! Hang in there!
    &quot;My sunshine doesn&#39;t come from the skies,<br />It comes from the love in my dog&#39;s eyes.&quot;<br />

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast