Bonjour from Cajun Country

Thread: Bonjour from Cajun Country

FDR
    FDR is offline Member

DefaultBonjour from Cajun Country

First of all, let me say that we really appriciate good retrievers down here in the land of rice fields. Here in south central La.(New Orleans is not Cajun, it is Creole), we harvest more wild ducks and geese than any other state in the union. With that comes the need for well-bred, well-trained working Labradors!

I've owned Labradors since I was a teenager and that was a looooong time ago. My personal taste takes me to a type of Lab that is calm and quiet, yet explosive when retrieving. I want a dog that is not only capable of learning difficult task and retrieving concepts but, one that would rather work than do anything else. They must not only be stylish while working but also look like what a working Lab should.

All three of my Labs are from top Field Trial dogs and bitches. For a Lab to make my team, they must have three basic qualities; brains, desire and the physical attributes needed for working all day in the marsh and field. With that, let me say that I do beleive in the original breed standard!

Looking forward to learning and contributing here on Just Labradors.

Franco

Photo of my dog, Raider.

Raider
    <br />Superior Intelligence * Real Desire * Working Conformation<br />Guns Up!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bailey24 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Bonjour from Cajun Country

Welcome from WI; great to have you & your crew on the board.
    We'd love to see more pics of them!
    <br /><br />~ Angie &amp; Bailey ~<br />My Dogster Page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/509673

ShadowDancin is offline Senior Member

Welcome from MN and welcome to the board! Raider is gorgeous! Cant wait to hear stories and see pics!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

FDR
    FDR is offline Member

OK, two more pictures. If having dead ducks in the photos is against this forums rules, I will delete them.

This is Booty Tattou, who just happens to be laying by my feet as I type this.
    Tou

And this is another female, Itch.
    <br />Superior Intelligence * Real Desire * Working Conformation<br />Guns Up!

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Hi Welocome from NJ! Those are great pics of your guys! I love the spark in their eyes. It's very obvious that not only do they love what they're doing, but are loved and love in return. And, no, posting pictures with dead ducks isn't agians the forum rules. That was very nice of you to be concerned about it. We have another avid hunter here who share pictures with us often.