Hi From Western NY

Thread: Hi From Western NY

KelMar is offline Member

DefaultHi From Western NY

My name is Kelley and I share my life with five dogs; three Boston Terriers and two black Labs. Puma, our male and Pekoe, our female came to us from Guiding Eyes for the Blind. My daughter wanted to raise a puppy for them for quite a while. We were hesitant because our youngest Boston is a bit prickly with unfamiliar dogs but we decided to try puppy sitting and with hard work and divine intervention Rosie not only tolerates Labs but loves them, after a period of adjustment, which keeps getting briefer. I have loved Labs since the age of three, when I met my brother-in-lawís Lab Mrs. Kelley (no relation to me!). Her puppy Rex came to live with us and is the dog who inspired Lab ownership among quite a few family members. My daughter is the chief puppy raiser, with my husband, my son and I as the grandparents and uncle. Puma was with us for 14 months before going IFT (In for Training). We had Pekoe by that time and she helped ease the difficulty of saying good-bye to Puma, but we all agreed that if he were to be released from the GEB program we would take him back. He is a wonderful dog but like many boys he went off to school and was more interested in socializing so the day after Easter 2007 we got The Call and now heís ours. He does have his CGC certification so he can still earn his keep. Pekoe will likely go IFT around Thanksgiving 2007. We love her dearly but if she opts for a career change we will let GEB place her with someone from the very long list of people waiting for a released dog. So, itís very lively and hairy around here but I love it! Iím looking forward to meeting all the Labs and their people on this forum! Sorry the pictures are so huge! I'll work on that!
    Pekoe
    Puma
    [font=ComicSans][color=Blue][center][size=14pt][i]Kelley, Puma and Pekoe<br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Hi From Western NY

Welcome to the forum! Puma and Pekoe are gorgeous dogs!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the forum !

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bailey24 is offline Senior Member

Welcome from WI; great to have you & your crew on the board!
    What great pics of your two cuties.
    <br /><br />~ Angie &amp; Bailey ~<br />My Dogster Page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/509673

momofalab is offline Senior Member

Welcome from another Western, NY'r
    -Shannon

KelMar is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Momofalab
    Welcome from another Western, NY'r
    -Shannon
    Neat! Was it hot enough for you today? <g>
    [font=ComicSans][color=Blue][center][size=14pt][i]Kelley, Puma and Pekoe<br />

momofalab is offline Senior Member

Never left my AC! LOL! Who are you going through for Rally? Interested in looking into it. I see WLTC, and NY Canine Academy any thoughts on either of them?