new to labs

Thread: new to labs

slonecrewmomma is offline Junior Member

Defaultnew to labs

Hi I'm Erin we are aquiring a yellow lab from my ex-husband and his wife who can no longer keep her and my daughter would be heart broke if she had to leave the family. I will say I don't know squat about labs. I have raised Airedales my whole life so this is new to me. But don't worry I know what I am getting into and am fully prepared to take on a lab. This dog has no manners and spends most of her day in a cage at there house. How should I get her use to being in the house and not caged? Should I tether her to me for a while or should I just let her in the fence when we get her home to get some well needed exercise first. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. Just so everyone knows she will be greatly loved and disiplined here, we have an acre fenced for or 2 airedales and several places she will be able to swim on a regular basis. Again ty in advance for your help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: new to labs

Welcome to the forum. I don't have any experience with your particular situation. I would suggest posting this on the Lab Chat and you will get a lot of great recommendations.

Sounds like the lab is coming to a great family and home!
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: new to labs

Welcome to the forum.