Hi from Irvine, CA

Thread: Hi from Irvine, CA

Scout's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultHi from Irvine, CA

Hi,

I've been reading the forum for about a week now and really enjoy reading posts for all your labrador lovers. I had a beautiful yellow lab but he died on May 9th last month. We were getting ready to go for a walk and he was so excited and all of a sudden he couldn't control himself and fell to the ground. He seized for a minute and let out a howl and then he was dead. It was the most horrible experience. He was only seven years old so he was too young to do. My dog Rocky was my very best friend and I think he loved me more than any person. Below is an attached picture of him. Isn't he beautiful, well I think so.

Rocky.jpg

Someone told me the best remedy for the grief is to get a new dog so I decided to get a new puppy yellow lab. He will be coming home on this Friday. His name is Scout. (see attached picture, hope the attachment feature works) I got the idea from this website, I think it is a great name. I'm a little afraid that I will not be able to love Scout as much as I loved Rocky, it is hard to imagine having that much love again. My daughter and I spent this past weekend getting ready for him. We bought puppy toys, a new crate, new puppy food and other bedding. I know it is going to be a lot of work but I'm really looking forward to it. I know I will have lots of questions so I will post them in another forum. I look forward to being a part of this community.

Scout.jpg

Scout's Mom
    Last edited by Scout's Mom; 06-08-2009 at 04:54 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Welcome. I used to live in Irvine. I think there is always room to love another dog, even though you lost Rocky.

joflake is offline Senior Member

Welcome! I'm so sorry about Rocky, but I'm glad you still have room in your heart for another. I couldn't imagine not loving a dog even for a short amount of time. Perhaps Scout will help you through this hard time.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labradorable is offline Senior Member

Welcome! I'm sorry to hear about Rocky, that's so sad. Congrats on the new pup, I love his name. Scout was on my short list for my new pup, but "Dozer" won out in a family vote.
    ~Samantha
    Dozer (04/01/09) & Moose (01/02/13)
    Cybil (02/02/00 - 02/20/09)

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the forum. So sorry about Rocky but I think you will find you can open your heart to scout.

Scout's Mom is offline Senior Member

Hi all,

Thanks kindly for your condolences and welcomes. I look forward to participating more.

Debbie

sarah is offline Senior Member

welcome to the forum. I am so sorry for your loss of Rocky. He was so handsome in his picture.

And I love love love your little Scout. His name is just divine.. a great lab name I think! And he's just the cutest little chunk! Can't wait to see more pictures of him and watch him grow.
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia