Hi From Charlie and Me (new here)

View Poll Results: Has or Is Anyone Going Through Health Problems With Their Lab

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Health Problems

0 0%
  • Sickness

0 0%

Thread: Hi From Charlie and Me (new here)

charlie93 is offline Junior Member

Default Hi From Charlie and Me (new here)

Hi Everyone! What a time it took to get me in here. I made it though. I am a lab lover too and mine is going to be 14 yrs old in a couple of months. I have had him all these years. too. He is Charlie, my best friend. I need to talk since he is sick. He is drinking water excessively and going potty constantly. It's kept up so I took him to his vet and they have run all kinds of test. The Cushings test came out in the gray area, no diabetes, no kidney infection and his liver is slsightly elevated and a little bigger. His only symptom is peeing too much and all the water. His vet said he may have Diabetes Insipidus but she is kinda leaning another way. I wish it could be the DI. but she took an x-ray of his chest. His lungs are supposed to be all black and his are black at the top, kinda spotty with fuzzy-like white areas below that. So now of all things, she tells me it could very well be lung cancer. That hit me so hard and I was crying and she talked to me. He still has to have the comparison test, Low Dex to comfirm the Cushings. Then the D.I. test will be done.

Charlie is there for me and knows when I am sick and when I don't feel good. He stays by my side. I have had dogs before but not one like Charlie and so smart.

My Charlie has been a sweetheart to and for me, such a smart boy, caring, very obedient, funny and my very good companion, best friend. I do not know what I am going to do without him. I taught him everything he knows and he even remembers tricks from when he was a pup. He knows how to get is own way too with me. He gives me those big brown eyes!

His vet said he is not in any pain and for right now he is ok. I am so very worried and so close to him. I lost my cat, BooBoo 2 years ago from feline leukemia and they were best freinds. Oh yeah. His vet also said he could have a fungi infection in his lungs so he is on an antibiotic. Still she leaned towards the cancer. I didn't realize but I read a lot on labs and other dogs and they really do get inflicted with many things that humans do.

All I can do for Charlie is love him, make him happy and be here for him. I do realize he knows this. If you would, please say some prayer for him.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Hi From Charlie and Me (new here)

14 years together is so very special. I am so sorry about the possible cancer diagnosis for your beloved Charlie and of course I will say a prayer for him. I'm glad to hear he's not in any discomfort. Keep us posted on his condition.

May
    May is offline Junior Member

My prayers are with you both! Charlies sounds like a wonderful friend, you are lucky to have each other. Please keep us posted on how he is doing.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mooselady is offline Senior Member

Wow! 14 years together. What a loving bond you have and how lucky that you both are. Hugs and prayers coming your way while you travel this rough road together.
    <br /><br /><br />&quot;Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole.&quot;&nbsp; Roger Caras

loriwolfelabluv is offline Senior Member

gosh poor you & charlie... i hope he continues to feel good.
    &quot;He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.&quot;<br />Author Unknown

Jeep274 is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the board. Prayers for you and Charlie on the way.

Jon
    Jon is offline Senior Member

So sorry to hear about Charlie. I went through the same thing.

Hoping for the best for both of you. Post a picture of Charlie if you get a chance. I love seeing the seniors