Hi from Charlotte, NC

Thread: Hi from Charlotte, NC

DefaultHi from Charlotte, NC

Hi. I'm new to this site. We adopted Izzy a few weeks ago. She's about 12 wks. After reading some of the posts, I realize we were very lucky to have such an easy going girl. The only real problem we've had with her is that she likes to chew on the children. However the problem may be with the children. I've found advice on how to stop the biting which works, but it's hard to teach the children. She rarely ever bites anyone except the children. My 7 year old daughter loves animals. She and our old dog Sadie (RIP) were best pals. I can't remember her ever disliking any animal... until now. She has asked me if we could trade her for another dog. I have run out of ideas. Does anyone have any advice? HELP!

[attachment deleted by admin]

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mybabymambo Guest

DefaultRe: Hi from Charlotte, NC

No advice, but Mambo was the same way. He grew out of it. But he was biting me. I have no kids. Also wanted to say WELCOME TO JL.

Welcome from WI; great to have you on the board!
    No advice here either, but Bailey was very mouthy when she was younger through 4-5 months. Once you make it past that "stage" it gets much better. We only have neices that were around when Bailey was that young, so it was me instead of a kid she was chewing on!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Welcome

Apollopuppy is offline Senior Member

My dog doesn't bite, none of my animals do or ever did. For young pups its totally normal though. She most likely will grow out of it. I do know of people who put some bitter apple spray on their hands, rub their hands together and then if the dog bites them...YUCK! They get a nasty taste in their mouth and usually after a few trys won't try that again! You can buy bitter apple spray at almost any petstore. Some rules of use: 1. NEVER spray it on your dog or in your dogs eyes, nose, face 2. NEVER put your fingers in your mouth after using the spray on your hands (you'll regret it lol) it needs to be applied every couple of hours because its alchohol based and evaporates quickly. I'd give it a try. Worst case senario she doesn't mind it (some animals couldn't care less about the taste)
    Love,<br />Giuli<br /><br />

KLM

Izzy is adorable. Welcome to the forum!

yankey Guest

Welcome