Hello, I'm to this forum AND new to labs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello, I'm to this forum AND new to labs

Apollopuppy is offline Senior Member

DefaultHello, I'm to this forum AND new to labs

Hello, my name is Giuli (pronounced julie) I live in Flagstaff, AZ with my boyfriend Sam, 6 ferrets, 3 cats, and new lab mix! I'm in college right now waiting to get into vet school.

Sam and i just adopted our dog, Apollo a little over a week ago. He has had a billion homes because he has behavioral issues. He was abused as a puppy. But he's the sweetest dog ever.

Here is apollo:

He is a 1 yr old male. We aren't quite sure what he is mixed with. We were thinking maybe shepard or bird dog or something. I look forward to getting some help here. Apollo isn't potty trained and is a destructive chewer (i posted about my problem in the training section) and we are fighting to keep him in our apartment because our landlord doesn't want a destructive dog on his property. i am praying that Apollo will be a PERMANENT memeber of our family.
    Love,<br />Giuli<br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Hello, I'm to this forum AND new to labs

welcome and kudos on the adoption. Just be patient and consistent all the way through. I am sure you will get all your answers to your questions here. and FYI, I have ferrets as well... aren't they a blast?!!!

Look forward to seeing you around and good luck with Apollo

Welcome. I have a very active chewer too. A kennel may be your best friend! Never leave your dog unsupervised until you can trust him to not chew up your house! Stick with it and you will have the best dog ever.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

KLM

Welcome to the forum. You can tell he's a "Star" of a dog because he's got a nice big one right on his chest!! I love that marking!

I think the number one rule for owning a lab is to have at least 100 toys for them to play and CHEW on!! Be sure to give him LOTS of stuff that is OK to chew on! Read up in the training section - you'll get through it!

They aren't labs, but they ARE a huge part of my family. Here are my cats and ferrets:

Lugnut (the baby of the family at 6 months old)

Hendrix (8 months old)

Samson (5 years old)

Delilah (7 years old, here tail is bald because she is dying of adreniline gland cancer and it causes her to loose and regrow her fur, poor thing)

Willow (2.5 years old)

Weezie (2.5 years old, overweight (sigh) but you haven't lived till you've seen a chubby ferret!)

The kitties, left to right: Musashi, Genghis Khatt, and Roxie May

So thats the rest of my "herd" lol! Apollo loves each and everyone of them....well.....except maybe little Delilah. She DID bite him RIGHT on the nose the first time she met him (poor apollo!) She must have had a bad experience with a dog before I adopted her. Luckily Apollo just sat down and hung his head like "yes maam" I felt so sorry for apollo but at the same time I was HIGHLY relieved that he didn't attack her (i wouldn't have blamed him if he did). He is their "nanny" when they are making noise in their cages after "bedtime at 9:30pm" he goes into the guest bedroom (where there cages are) and 'woofs' at them like "settle down kids and go to bed!" its really cute! I LOVE this dog!

Mybabymambo Guest

Hi everyone. What a cute family you have. Welcome.

Thank you. I just adore animals. Apollo is my first dog so this is interesting. Im a TOTAL newbie when it comes to dogs lol. Im totally competant with cats and ferrets, but dogs? nope. Im hoping to gain a bunch of info by being a member here.

Mybabymambo Guest

I love kitties too. I have three. There is a cat section on this board. Have you seen it?

no i havent. where is it?

Mybabymambo Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast