New from MI

Thread: New from MI

luanne is offline Junior Member

DefaultNew from MI

Hello. I've been lurking around the site for awhile looking for info regarding lab behavior. Do you allow mix breeds here? Hunter is a 9 month old lab/gsd mix. His coloring is GSD but he's ALL lab for sure. We got him from a rescue last July. He's a goofball :P and we love him to death. We also have a 3 year old female GSD, Gracie. She's been great in helping us train him.

It's been quite awhile since I've had a lab around and have forgot how naughty they can be. Much different than my serious Gracie.

Thanks,

Luanne
    Mom to:<br />Gracie 2 yr GSD<br />Hunter 9 mo old lab/GSD mix

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tudyputs is offline Member

DefaultRe: New from MI

Quote Originally Posted by luanne
    Hello. I've been lurking around the site for awhile looking for info regarding lab behavior. Do you allow mix breeds here? Hunter is a 9 month old lab/gsd mix. His coloring is GSD but he's ALL lab for sure. We got him from a rescue last July. He's a goofball :P and we love him to death. We also have a 3 year old female GSD, Gracie. She's been great in helping us train him.

It's been quite awhile since I've had a lab around and have forgot how naughty they can be. Much different than my serious Gracie.

Thanks,

Luanne
    I'm pretty new here but I'm sure your mixed breed pup will be welcomed, especially as a rescue pup. Lots of other breeds pop up from time to time too. Once our puppy is trained, if I can convince my husband how wondeful another would be, any additions will come from rescue. SOOOO many dogs need homes. Welcome!

KLM
    KLM is offline Senior Member

Hello and welcome!!

Yes mixed breeds are definitely welcome!! Thanks for rescuing Hunter

My Jake is mixed but I'm not sure with what.

Would love to see pictures Hunter!
    <br />[b]SEE MY FAVORITE JAKE PHOTOS HERE: [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/kathy1976/sets/72157600396116652/]http://www.flickr.com/photos/kathy1976/sets/72157600396116652/[/url

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bailey24 is offline Senior Member

Welcome from WI; great to have you on the board!
    We welcome all mixes here; thanks for rescuing him!!
    Can't wait to see pics!
    <br /><br />~ Angie &amp; Bailey ~<br />My Dogster Page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/509673

Thanks!

You just never know with some dog boards. Sometimes people get picky about mixed breeds. When I got Gracie I made sure to socialize and train her like crazy because we knew that after we put our Husky down that we would get future dogs from rescue organizations. I needed to be able to trust her. She's awesome. We put our Husky down in April of last year and then Hunter appeared on the radar in July. He's been a challenge but worth it. Much like my Husky, he makes me laugh every day. I'm pretty sure he came to me to teach me patience and how to be silly and laugh again!

I'm hoping to learn more about lab behavior from this board. I was a teenager living at home the last time I had a lab. GSD's are one thing but labs are a whole other creature!!!!

Here's a picture of my boy...

And with his big 'sis' Gracie:

Lu

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Welcome!

There are several of us form Michigan. What part of teh state do you hail from?
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

There are several of us form Michigan. What part of teh state do you hail from?
    We are just southwest of Grand Rapids.

Lu

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the forum - are you around Grandville ?

Jamestown! In between Hudsonville and Byron Center.

Lu