Hi from NC, USA

Thread: Hi from NC, USA

DefaultHi from NC, USA

Hi All, I'm Jackie from North Carolina! On January 9th, we brought home our choc lab puppy, Dakota. He's a handful, basically learning things fairly well. I just read the post about training puppies. It had a lot of good info, my problem tho is his nipping of legs,feet, jumping to bite hands when they're hanging down. I've had quite a few bad bites on my hands from him lunging when we play retrieve. He's almost 11 weeks, and I'm hopeful that he will learn no, off, drop, etc. He sits, and we have to work on down next. I'm rambling a bit but just wanted to introduce myself. We also have an almost 14 year old Akita/Shepherd mix female. She is a bit aggressive, we kept them apart for the first few weeks..but since having our backyard fenced in, and them getting acquainted outside, she seems to be doing much better with him. We don't leave them alone together in the house, he is in the kitchen, she goes into the bathroom, until we're home again.
    Nice to meet all of you..I know I'll get much help here.
    Jackie

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

KLM

DefaultRe: Hi from NC, USA

Welcome to the board! You'll find a wealth of information here!

Thank you KLM..I belong to a tropical fish website just like this one..and it's fantastic, so I'm sure this will be even better because I'll need some much more info for my new puppy.
    Jackie

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mybabymambo Guest

Hi Jackie. Welcome to the board. Liek you have already noticed, there is alot of greta info here. Can we see some more pictures. I am a picture junky. Love to look at all the labs here.

Hi back at'cha.. Sure..just give me some time..I'm logged on via my laptop and all my pics are on my desktop pc..later today if I get a chance..I'm having a replacement window put in my pc room..not sure I'll be able to find my desk. LOL
    Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by Mybabymambo
    Hi Jackie. Welcome to the board. Liek you have already noticed, there is alot of greta info here. Can we see some more pictures. I am a picture junky. Love to look at all the labs here.

Welcome from WI; great to have you on the board.
    What a cute name, Dakota (also can't wait to see pics!!).
    This board is such a great resource, you'll love it!

Hi there...I love it already!! ;D I will try to send pics later tonight..right now my pc room is a mess..had replacement glass put in the windows..and all the furniture is in array.
    Thanks for the welcome!
    Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey24
    Welcome from WI; great to have you on the board.
    What a cute name, Dakota (also can't wait to see pics!!).
    This board is such a great resource, you'll love it!