Hello from New England!

Thread: Hello from New England!

BrandeeandClark is offline Junior Member

DefaultHello from New England!

Hi everyone!

I'm going to be picking up my new chocolate lab, Clark, this upcoming Saturday. He's a rescue lab from adoptalab.org and I'm very excited to be a new dog owner! The last time I had a dog was when I was a child, so I'm kind of coming into this a newbie. My biggest question is: how much do your labs eat and what are you feeding them? Of course, any other tips would be greatly appreciated, but I want to be prepared for when he comes home. For reference, Clark is almost 5 and came to the shelter heartworm positive but has been treated. He needs to gain a little weight. Any advice?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

erniesdad is offline Junior Member

DefaultRe: Hello from New England!

Hi,

I don't really have any advice for you but wanted to say welcome from a fellow New Englander. We live in RI and just brought home our eight week old black lab. Where in NE do you live?

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Hi and welcome!

Go check out the puppy training tips section here. There's a sticky up top that says "Our best advice". I'd recommend you read through that, there's some excellent advice there.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

loriwolfelabluv is offline Senior Member

hi Brandee and Clark
    welcome to the forum, congrats to both of you on your new life together! There is so much info here i'm sure youll enjoy! I feed raw to both my lab pup Gus and my toy poodle and thats what i would recommend, there is a ton of info out there on the world wide web (and here too) good luck!
    &quot;He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.&quot;<br />Author Unknown

Bailey24 is offline Senior Member

Welcome from WI; great to have you on the board & congrats on your soon-to-be new one!
    Can't wait to see pics!
    <br /><br />~ Angie &amp; Bailey ~<br />My Dogster Page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/509673

BrandeeandClark is offline Junior Member

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome! Three more days and counting until my chocolate boy comes home. Lots of pictures to follow, I think! I appreciate the quick tips. To respond to Ernie, I'm from Massachusetts.