Grieving in fla

Thread: Grieving in fla

DefaultGrieving in fla

my wife and i suffered a tragic house fire that destroyed our home.we also lost our beloved lab bally.since we have no children she was our baby.the lost has been overwhelming as you can imagine.since she was only 6 years old and full of live it feels as our lives are totally empty.i have owned labs all my live but never have experienced this.so the question i have is .how soon should we wait to get another puppy? iwant to get one as soon as possible but my wife wants to wait. any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Grieving in fla

I am so sorry for your loss. It is so difficult to lose a pet but I can't even imagine under the circumstances you faced. I don't have any great advice in terms of when to get another puppy....maybe do some searching on the web together or ask your wife if the two of you could just "go and look" at your local pound. She may decide she is ready after seeing a few pups that are available. Please keep us posted and welcome to the forum.

I am so sorry for your loss. Where in Florida are you? They have a lab rescue in Altamonte Springs.
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/FL183.html
    Please know that I am praying for you both.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

We lost our Sadie 8 days ago at the age of 11 years and 1 month. We have grown children and grandchildren. Sadie was our baby girl. I took her to obedience training for 2 years so we had a close bond - she was a handful.

The Mrs and I agreed that we will adopt at some point but now is too soon to even look. We've thought about fostering when the time is right.

Ron

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

So sorry for your loss, how tragic!! When we lost our beloved dog Aspen, I greived like I never thought I would as she was "just a dog". I was told more times then I would of liked. It took us about a yr. to even start looking for a pup, for us it was great timing, we were ready to open our heart's again! I know it is differant for everyone, I think you just know when the time is right.. You are in our thought's :'( :'(

Well today on dogwhisper they had someone who lost there Great Dane, and got another one that was already 6 months. Well because they were still sadden by the fact of there lost(BTW they had no kids as well) the Pup became in controll of everyone...even of the other Great Dane that was much older. Part of the problem was that they had gotten the pup too soon, and that they treated him too much like a human. They let this go on until he was as big as the other Great Dane

As you can see it was too soon to even adopt him when they did...........I myself now see why someone shouldn't do so, so soon.

I am sadden by your lost, but hope that you'll soon stop grieving so you may move on, and get yourself a new baby!

Good luck, and let us know how you and your wife are doing from time to time

-Sergio