Hi from Oregon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Oregon

DefaultHi from Oregon

My family and I are the proud owners of Madison, our 3 1/2 month old yellow lab puppy. She is just fantastic. The family suffered a deep loss Oct. '06 when we lost our black lab/retriever mix named Max to cancer. Our 3 kids were devastated. Originally we were going to wait to get another lab but luckily Madison came along, thanks to my aunt's help ;D. We were able to surprise the kids on Dec. 9th when we went to pick Madison up. The all agreed that was the best christmas present ever.

I'm still amazed every day at how smart she is! She'll sit, drop (when she grabs something and runs), and she knows when it's bedtime. We're working on the leash thing.... ended up getting a harness because when we'd put the leash on her collar she decided to have some kind of attack. Kind of like a kid throwing a temper tantrum. Madison will throw herself around, cry and just have an absolute fit!

I always thought yellow labs were all yellow. (I grew up around cow dogs and hubby grew up around other breeds). Madison looks like she's wearing different sized socks, and she seems more blonde colored than some of the others I've seen. I can't figure out if her feet are actually white or just a very pale yellow. But it doesn't matter to me, it just makes her that much more cute. And yes... she gets told every day how cute and adorable she is. It breaks my heart when I have to go to work. She cries and you just want to tell her "ok... I'll stay" LOL.

I've read through some of the other introductions and it's so great to have some place to go and share with others who love labs. I couldn't imagine having any other breed! When we lost our Max, I wasn't sure about having another lab. But after we got Madison, all doubt left. Some days I think of the future and hope we can get another lab for Madison to have a pal, besides the 2 cats. Maybe in a year or 2.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Hi from Oregon

Welcome to the board from another yellow lab owner.

So sorry to hear about the loss of Max, but Congrats on a new lil' bundle of love.
    I can't wait to see pictures of Madison and hear all the stories of her puppisms hehe. She sounds like a smarty.

Also, just as a suggestion, and you may already do it, but you say she throws tempertantrums when you put the collar/leash on her, have you tried just putting the collar on her,and maybe letting her wear it around while she's playing,etc. Not to walk her - but just to let her kinda get used to the collar on her neck first. Again you may already be doing that

Welcome aboard!

WELCOME! We live in Oregon too - maybe we are near you so we could get together and have a play date (we live in the Albany area). Tugg and Skye are also yellow labs. Tugg will be 2 in April and Skye is 17 months old. I'm sorry that you lost Max but Madison will be a distraction from the saddness for sure. She sounds like a cutie and we can't wait to see pictures of her. Hope to see pictures soon.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Welcome from WI; great to have you on the board!
    We definetly need pictures of this cute new little one!

Mooselady... we live on the other side of the state. To bad. That would be great to have Madison play with other labs. We have a couple neighbors with black labs, both males, and she's met one of them. She did see another yellow lab last week when I took my husband lunch. She got so excited! She also looked for it the next day, but it wasn't there. It was cute, kind of like she was thinking "look at that, another me!" And yes, I'll post pictures as soon as I get some developed. (behind the times a bit, still no digital camera >) But got the scanner!

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Welcome from Barrie Ontario

LJ Guest

Mooselady, I didn't know you lived so close to me!

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Welcome from Gresham!!! Looking forward to pic.s

LJ - where do you live?

Quote Originally Posted by Mads Mom
    My family and I are the proud owners of Madison, our 3 1/2 month old yellow lab puppy. She is just fantastic. The family suffered a deep loss Oct. '06 when we lost our black lab/retriever mix named Max to cancer. Our 3 kids were devastated. Originally we were going to wait to get another lab but luckily Madison came along, thanks to my aunt's help ;D. We were able to surprise the kids on Dec. 9th when we went to pick Madison up. The all agreed that was the best christmas present ever.

I'm still amazed every day at how smart she is! She'll sit, drop (when she grabs something and runs), and she knows when it's bedtime. We're working on the leash thing.... ended up getting a harness because when we'd put the leash on her collar she decided to have some kind of attack. Kind of like a kid throwing a temper tantrum. Madison will throw herself around, cry and just have an absolute fit!

I always thought yellow labs were all yellow. (I grew up around cow dogs and hubby grew up around other breeds). Madison looks like she's wearing different sized socks, and she seems more blonde colored than some of the others I've seen. I can't figure out if her feet are actually white or just a very pale yellow. But it doesn't matter to me, it just makes her that much more cute. And yes... she gets told every day how cute and adorable she is. It breaks my heart when I have to go to work. She cries and you just want to tell her "ok... I'll stay" LOL.

I've read through some of the other introductions and it's so great to have some place to go and share with others who love labs. I couldn't imagine having any other breed! When we lost our Max, I wasn't sure about having another lab. But after we got Madison, all doubt left. Some days I think of the future and hope we can get another lab for Madison to have a pal, besides the 2 cats. Maybe in a year or 2.
    Were in Oregon do you live?
    I live in Salem. I have a 15 month old lab, his name is Kipp, smartest dog i ever had, love him loads!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast