Greetings from the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Thread: Greetings from the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

K9-32 Guest

DefaultGreetings from the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Hello Everyone!

My name is Kelly and I share my life with a three year old black (English) lab named Joe, my husband of 25 years, Roy, and his one year old black lab, Andy. Joe and I, and Roy and Andy, are wilderness K9 search and rescue operatives in the Pacific Northwest.

My Joe is an air-scent dog, trained to detect any human scent, follow it to its source, come back to me and alert, then take me to the subject. Joe and I are used in searches for people lost in wilderness areas where the lost subject is likely to be the only human present, and we are able to cover approximately 180 acres in four hours. Joe is an extraordinary search dog, a job to which he was clearly born and from which he gains his greatest joy. He recieves a much-loved squeaky ball upon finding the lost person, but in truth, it is his love the search and not the ball reward that drives him. My pride in and love for this wonderful animal defy description.

Roy's Andy is training as a tracking and trailing dog, trained to follow the track of a specific individual after smelling a scent article unique to that person. Andy is a big, friendly lab who is a complete goof-ball when not working, but who is steady beyond his years when it comes time to put his nose to the ground. He and Roy make an amazingly reliable and devoted team.

I am delighted to have found all of you, and am eager to learn from your experiences with your dogs. Nutrition is an area of particular interest to me, and I welcome hearing everyone's thoughts on this and the many other subjects stimulated by our K9 friends.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Greetings from the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

welcome to the boards, sounds like you have an amazing pair of dogs

Welcome to the board from Alliegirl and myself in NC.

It's great to have y'all and the wonderful labs around. Can't wait to hear more stories, and see pictures of them!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Welcome, I hope you enjoy it here.

This is a great place to share your Labs.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

hello and welcome. Your dogs jobs sound very exciting. Would love to here stories!

LJ Guest

Hello! I wonder if we've met? I have a wilderness airscent dog (cross training in HRD), Lucy (BC mix), and a retired tracking/trailing dog, Lucky (Lab). Lucky is retired due to his elbow dysplasia and the pain it causes him with excess activity, and Lucy and I have not been out training since last Fall due to the fact that I am now a nursing student and have no time! :-\

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you have a couple of amazing puppers on your hands ;D