Hello from Virginia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Virginia

imported_Nate is offline Member

DefaultHello from Virginia

Hi, My name is Nate and I'm an alcoholic.....opps wrong forums....lol. I'm Nate and I have two black labs, Jake who is 3 1/2, and Shadow who is 11 months. I just adopted Shadow this last weekend from the local SPCA, he needed a good home and Jake needed a buddy.
    Jake is a purebreed and just recently had his right rear ACL replaced due to a fetch playing injury. He is still on restricted play (one more month to go) and is full of love and energy.
    Shadow was given away by his last family becuase he was to big and didn't know his size, they had little children and Shadow played rough. He got fixed on Monday and is full of life. We are looking forward to working with him and training him to be as obediant and mindful as Jake.

Here are the pictures.
    Jake

Shadow

The two together (Shadow is a bit happy to be posing for you all)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

KLM
    KLM is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Hello from Virginia

Hi! They are both really cute. I love their pictures!

I have a black Jake, too!
    <br />[b]SEE MY FAVORITE JAKE PHOTOS HERE: [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/kathy1976/sets/72157600396116652/]http://www.flickr.com/photos/kathy1976/sets/72157600396116652/[/url

its funny but this is my second Jake, i remember my father having one when i was a kid.

There are about 10 Jakes in my neighborhood that black labs, and i ran into a lady at petsmart today with a black puppy named jake, seems to be a very common name.

If I die before I wake.....feed Jake.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_Lovemyalliegirl is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the board, 2 adorable labs you have, but I must say I think I have just fallin in love with Jake
    His face just seems SOOO happy and full of life! Great pictures, thanks for sharing, and I hope to see many more!
    Enjoy your time on the boards
    ~Sarah~<br /><br />

KLM
    KLM is offline Senior Member

lol... Jake was a stray (we just got him Dec1) and we struggled for two weeks to come up with a name that fit. My fiance (who all along wanted a unique name) finally suggested Jake. I told him I liked that name but it was a pretty common dog name. He said he'd never heard of a dog named Jake! So of course I had to break out in song.... Feed Jake... ;D

I looked it up - Jake is the third most popular boy dog name!

Jake was the first name of a million we'd thought of that fit him so it just stuck!
    <br />[b]SEE MY FAVORITE JAKE PHOTOS HERE: [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/kathy1976/sets/72157600396116652/]http://www.flickr.com/photos/kathy1976/sets/72157600396116652/[/url

your dog looks like a jake.

my jake is the sweetest, most loving dog i have ever had. it seems he worships the ground i walk on. shadow on the other hand is still getting used to living here and is full of piss and viniger(sp)

I keep coming back just to look at Jakes face! There is something special about that boy, I love that picture!!!
    ~Sarah~<br /><br />

im telling ya, he is the greatest dog ever, he is sitting here asleep at my feet as i browse these forums. i feel bad for him though becuase he is on the injured reserve list right now.

He sounds like a real sweetheart.

Injured reserve list poor boy.. how much longer before he can be off that list? )
    It's bad enough when a small dog that's not very active get's injured, but when it's a lab it's 10x's worse! Especially if it's a younger lab that likes to fetch,etc.!

Hope Jake is back to norm soon for you and him!

Edited to add : The reason I should be in bed.. I totally missed the one month to go in your first post. My bad - sorry!
    ~Sarah~<br /><br />

jake lives to play fetch, he carrys a tennis ball everywhere he goes, and the look on his face when i dont throw the ball anymore is heartbreaking.

im not sure how much longer, trying to get feedback from other owners in the health section. its been 6 weeks since surgery, the vet is saying it could be another 3 months before we can play like before. before we used to play and run for at least an hour a day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast