enough time spent and poop

Thread: enough time spent and poop

reezoie is offline Junior Member

Defaultenough time spent and poop

Hi,
    So happy I found this site. I love labs. My daughter moved back home with her 2 labs...she has her own place in our gameroom, which is separated from the rest of the house by steps. Vita and Zoie stay with her. She is gone a lot. I feel the dogs should be in the house with my husband and me. He disagrees....they shed a whole bunch. Also, Vita will not go down steps...she is terrified, so getting her back to her own place is pretty difficult. We visit them and stay for hours at a time. My daughter sleeps with them. They are not alone for more than 3 hours a day. Does anybody have an opinion? Do you think they are okay? I do tend to treat my dogs like babies....but I love them so much! My second question is...why do they eat their poop? It is driving me crazy...they carry around their "poopscicles".....ugh! ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_Lovemyalliegirl is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: enough time spent and poop

I'm sorry I can't really be of any help, but just wanted to welcome you to the board!
    Welcome! ;D

Hope you enjoy your time here!
    ~Sarah~<br /><br />

Bailey24 is offline Senior Member

Welcome from WI; great to have you on the board!
    <br /><br />~ Angie &amp; Bailey ~<br />My Dogster Page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/509673

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

SarahS is offline Junior Member

I've seen products you can add to a dog's food which supposedly deter them from eating their own feces. I've never tried them because Sophie hasn't tried eating her own (although she is partial to goose poop).

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Welcome. It sounds as if your Labs have a wonderful home.

I tend to spoil my Lab. I did his sister before him. So I think whatever suits you and your dogs are fine as long as you have control.

Poop eating. It is common. My boys favourite party trick is to bring it inside and eat it in front of guests. yucky. I have tried pineapple, swatting the poop with a fly swatter (yes heard this works.) putting garlic in his food etc. From time to time he stops for weeks on end then starts again.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

Trishiejune is offline Junior Member

Labs are very friendly, social and are guite noisey. They need to be part of every family gathering or activity. They also get bored easily and once their bored they get into mischief. I spoil my labs too. They know they're the most important members of the family.
    Trishie<br />Pamper Your Pet

missTammi is offline Junior Member

I dont dare let my lab alone in the house for 3 minutes so 3 hours sounds like you are doing great. I have read that they eat their feces due to some kind of nutritional deficiency. You might want to discuss their diet with your vet to see if a change is needed. Mine likes to grab a chunk of snow on his way back in the house to munch on. Indoors is the place for social dogs like labs especially when it is 30 below.