Meet Nikon

Thread: Meet Nikon

DefaultMeet Nikon

My name is Dave Ashby and I have a awesome 8 yr old black lab named Nikon. Unfortunately Nikon is going blind. He tested positive for PRA (Progressive Retinal Atrophy). This is one of the reasons I have joined this forum. I am hoping someone can point me in the direction to find a waterproof retrieving buoy that makes an extended noise. Nikon lives to swim and retrieve, imagine that . I do not hunt with him, but we go to the beach almost every weekend and he goes berserk if we don't go to the ocean or bay to retrieve in the water. This past weekend we went to the bay and he simply could not see his buoy. He would swim within inches of it and then not be able to see it. He can see high contrast from farther away but as soon as he gets close he looses vision. This has been getting progressively worse and the vet says he will be 100% blind within months. He has the heart and body and soul of a 2 yr old but the eyes of an old man. I have searched high and low to no avail to find a battery powered beeping buoy. So if anyone can help please point me in the right direction. If not I have a design in mind and will make my own.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the forum Nikon and Dave. Sorry no ideas to help - perhaps post in O & E or lab chat and you will get much more input.