Just Labradors banner

Hello from Labs_Rule

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Mugs mom and dad 
#1 ·
Hey everyone.

I'm 16 years old and completely in love with labs.
Unfortunately, I don't have a lab yet, but I'm getting one either around Christmas or Summer.
I've done research on the breed for months and I continue to do so.
MMMMM........but I don't know what color I want yet.

Anyways, since I am completely new here, I have no idea where everything is, but I'm sure I'll acclimate real soon.

#9 ·
Thanks for the responses.
You know what? I think I will just pick a dog for personalty then color. Color shouldn't really matter. I mean, when I get a dog he or she is going to be my best friend.
:D

Right now, I'm trying to find a really good breeder in my area. There is this lab breeder thats moving near me, who sells show dogs for $1500 and just pets for $1000.
Needless to say, I won't be going to her.
I mean, my family and I will basically be first time dog owners. Well, we did have a Golden for four months when I was in second grade, but one day we came home and she was gone. We looked everywhere for her and there was no trace to be found. :(

Oh, I have a question.
How do male and female labs act differently?
I've read that male labs are more dependent than females who are more independent.
I was thinking about getting a male lab from the beginning, but my sister doesn't like male dog, so she wants me to get a female.
My family and I have never had a male anything before so we don't know what do expect.

*Oh, I would go to a rescue group, but the one that was near me closed down. The owner got some disease and therefore wasn't able to keep the rescue up.
It was called Georgia lab rescue and it was stationed it my neighborhood. The owner had like 10 or more labs and I would constantly go up to her house and play with them*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.