Howdy from Bolivar Peninsula

Thread: Howdy from Bolivar Peninsula

Max P is offline Junior Member

DefaultHowdy from Bolivar Peninsula

Hi there. My name is Max and I live on Bolivar Peninsula. My partner and I have two labs, Maggie Moose and Little Brother. Maggie Moose is a yellow lab with some Ridgeback thrown in; LB is a purebred black lab. We've had them since they were puppies. We rescued The Moose from a pound in Beaumont three years ago. Little Brother was a Hurricane Katrina refugee. There were some people holed up in a local motel who apparently bred labs in New Orleans and they were anxious to find homes for a recent litter. We lucked out there. Maggie and Little Brother enjoy swimming in the Gulf of Mexico and running free along the shore (though always under supervision). Our house is right by the beach so they get to swim every day. There's a small guest cabin behind our house that we rent out to tourists - and we always encourage folks to bring their dogs here. Maggie is sometimes shy around strange dogs but Little Brother is everyone's instant friend. He's about ten months old now. I just love these dogs. I was never really a dog person but since we got Maggie I wonder how I ever lived without them. We also have two cats, Spot and Jellyfish. Curiously, Little Brother has formed a mighty bond of friendship with Spot the Cat, and Spot - crusty old Spot - even returns his affections. Strange. Anyway, I'm glad I found this message board. I look forward to chatting with you all. Regards, Max

(There are more pics of the dogs on our website.)
    http://www.gilchristbythesea.com/index2.html

[attachment deleted by admin]
    Maggie Moose and Little Brother, on Bolivar Peninsula<br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mel
    Mel is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Howdy from Bolivar Peninsula

Hi Max, and welcome to you and your crew! It sounds like your Maggie and Little Brother live in what could be described as doggy heaven, and bless you for rescuing them! Looking forward to hearing some of your stories and experiences.

Sheila is offline Senior Member

Hello and Welcome!!

Great pictures on your web site....I agree...it does look like heaven!!

Thank you for rescuing them both!!!
    <br />Beau &amp; Nikko

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Hey Sheila. Hey Mel. Thanks for the warm welcome. Yeah, it's heaven here - except for the hurricanes, mosquitoes, fire ants and constant rust. LOL. Of course the dogs have a good life. I'm fortunate to be able to work from home and so they're around me 24/7. Last year we had to evacuate for Hurricane Rita. I couldn't stand the thought of boarding Maggie - we didn't have Little Brother at that time - so we all piled into the vehicles (with the the cats) and headed north. We stayed with friends for a few days but y'know, I didn't want to wear out our welcome, so we found a motel and hunkered down there for the next seven days. I felt sorry for the couple we got Little Bother from. They had been shuttled around because of Katrina and somehow ended up on the peninsula, a week or so after we returned to our property. They had lost everything. (But they didn't leave the dogs behind - good people.) We came thorugh Rita pretty well, just some broken windows and roof damage on both houses. Sorry for rambling, I've had too much coffee. Anyway, it's nice to be here. -max* *

2LabsInNEPA Guest

Hi and welcome to JL!

Tacmedic24 is offline Junior Member

Hello!
    Rory and Lisa<br /><br />Hunter and Tucker (6 mo.)<br /><br />

Beautiful labs, Mark. One day I hope to get a chocolate - y'know, to round out the set.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mugs mom and dad is offline Senior Member

Welcome to JL.

~Michele,Mugs & Sassy~

Mugs is really handsome. Look at the size of those paws.