adopted by a stray
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: adopted by a stray

modgirlreporter Guest

Defaultadopted by a stray

Hello. Over the weekend a chocolate lab decided to adopt us. She had obviously been on her own for some time and had been hanging around the neighborhood and finally settled on us. She consented to let us pet her after much coaxing and finally came into the house on Sunday evening. And promptly took over the couch, which didn't make our basset very happy as that is HIS bed. Or should I say "was" his bed? ;D At any rate, I know zilch about Labs except that they're supposed to be good with kids. Having no kids, that's not an issue. Anyone want to help new Lab parents out with some tips?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_azooinaz is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: adopted by a stray

Stick around here and you will learn lots. But there's a catch... You have to share stories about your dogs.

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Welcome! I can't wait to see pics of your new lab and basset!
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mel
    Mel is offline Senior Member

You've got a warm heart for taking her into your family. Let us know what you decide to name her, and welcome to the forum!

modgirlreporter Guest

We've named her Gigi but it was an accident. I called her "G.G." for "good girl" and she decided that was her name so here we are.* ;D Now, if someone wants to explain how to post a photo, I'll do that.

Hello... I am new here too! You can sign up for a free photobucket account http://photobucket.com/
    once you have done that you can upload your photo. When you have done this then it will give you three links under the photos copy the last one which you can paste into your next message when you post it. When you preview it fingers crossed you will see your pic there!

I hope I have helped...Trish.
    Trish,<br />Mummy of Princess and Oscar.<br />Victoria, AUSTRALIA.<br /><br />

modgirlreporter Guest

Okay, then it works the same way it does on the basset board I'm on.

There they are! You can see what the flies have done to poor Gigi's ears. I've put blood stop powder on them and the right one is much better but she keeps scratching at the left and it's not any better at all. Anyone have a better idea? It's still a couple of weeks until our vet appointment.

She's in good hands now though...poor gal :'(
    Trish,<br />Mummy of Princess and Oscar.<br />Victoria, AUSTRALIA.<br /><br />

putertutor is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the forum. Hope her ears get better quick; she's still a beautiful chocolate!
    <br /><br />http://www.lexiethelab.com<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />http://lexiethelab.com/shopping-resources

modgirlreporter Guest

So she is a Lab? We don't have any experience with those, but that's the closest we could get based on photos on the Internet of dog breeds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast