Hello from North Texas!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from North Texas!

daltxsgurl is offline Junior Member

DefaultHello from North Texas!

I recently aquired a new chocolate lab puppy a week ago. His name is Cody and he is now about 9 weeks old. This is my first male dog as well. Last year I had to put my yellow lab, Shelby, to sleep. It was VERY hard for me to do because she was my best bud, plus she was only 3.5 years old. She had a brain tumor and there was nothing that could be done for her. I was obviously saddened and it has taken me a year before I could bring myself to get another lab.

Cody's mannerisms are so much like Shelby's it's like having a piece of her here with me. He's very laid back, intelligent, and does some of the silly things she used to do.

My cocker spaniel/retriever mix gets along with him, but she's 7 years old and isn't into playing with him too much. He's going to be well socialized though.

Anyway, just had to share my new joy and introduce myself to the group. Thanks so much!

8)
    ~Chrissie<br /><br />&quot;For the love of dogs...&quot;<br /><br /><br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Hello from North Texas!

Welcome to the group, I am new here also. Sorry about your beloved Shelby..it is never easy, we lost our German Shepherd 6 months ago he had kidney failure.
    My kelpie/corgie is 14 and was sad when our Shepherd passed so I thought a new friend was a good idea but alike to your Spaniel she is not impressed with too much playfulness! I hope your new friend gives you many years of joy. Trish.
    Trish,<br />Mummy of Princess and Oscar.<br />Victoria, AUSTRALIA.<br /><br />

Mel
    Mel is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the forum! I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Shelby......

Cody looks like a cutie, and at 9 weeks old, I'm sure he's keeping you busy and entertained. Looking forward to watching him grow and hearing about some of your experiences.
    Give your spaniel/retriever mix time. I'll bet they're going to be best buddies before you know it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

pat
    pat is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the forum!

Cody has kept me busy today. Still, he isn't too hyper. He gets a wild hair for about 10 minutes and that's it. I'm sure he'll start testing me very soon. :

Thanks for the warm welcomes!
    ~Chrissie<br /><br />&quot;For the love of dogs...&quot;<br /><br /><br /><br />

CrockettsMom is offline Senior Member

Welcome!!! I am in McKinney!! I was so sad when reading your post, but happy that you found a new friend! I am so glad you joined! Let me know if you need anything!!
    <br />Rebecca Crockett&#39;s Mom<br />www.myspace.com/crockettl8e

Oh wow...you are very close to me!!!

I'm sure I'll have questions in the future. It's always great to get advice and opinions from others. You always learn something new and expand your knowledge!!

Oh, and Miss Australia above...your pic of your pup with the yo yo is precious!

He he he thanks....I love this one too.....

Trish,<br />Mummy of Princess and Oscar.<br />Victoria, AUSTRALIA.<br /><br />

Sheila is offline Senior Member

Hello and Welcome to the forum!!

I look forward to seeing and watching Cody grow!!!
    <br />Beau &amp; Nikko

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast