Help, 2 Labs showed up at my NEWFOUNDLAND home, in North Carolina

Thread: Help, 2 Labs showed up at my NEWFOUNDLAND home, in North Carolina

Help Two Labs is offline Junior Member

DefaultHelp, 2 Labs showed up at my NEWFOUNDLAND home, in North Carolina

I'm hoping someone can help us. A Yellow, and a Black Lab showed up at our home today.
    I looked across our driveway at my husband's shop, and there laid these 2 Labs. I cautiously approached, their tails started wagging. They appear to be young, maybe 11 months old, have cuts and scars on them-almost as if they were beaten up.... both are intact males. It is obvious they both love each other as they kiss each other!
    They are both very underweight. I called my hubby to see if he knew who's they were - he knew nothing about it. He is really a cat person. His "one" cat came over, they touched noses and the cat laid down next to them, so obviously they don't mind cats. However, his other cat showed up, and she is NOT happy...as she doesn't like dogs and stays away from my Newfs and our Newf's yard. These labs are completely content to laying on my husband's garage floor... they haven't flighted away at all. I don't know how long Dave-my husband will tolerate two Labs in his shop... both are "slightly" limping....don't know if its hips, elbows or sore pads.
    The shelters here are kill shelters... so don't want to take them there, but as I said, I don't know how long hubby will tolerate dogs in his shop, and I can't let them go near my Newfs.... They obviously have not been taken care of properly. Does anyone have any suggestions, or can help??? permission to cross post.
    We are just north of Charlotte, NC.

Shirl
    [email protected]

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_nellies mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Help, 2 Labs showed up at my NEWFOUNDLAND home, in North Carolina

Find your closest rescue, either lab or all breed and call them. It sounds like whoever owned them either dumped them or they escaped from a terrible situation. Good luck. Google search for a rescue near you.
    <br />~~~~~~~~<br />Danie<br />Nellie, CGC<br />~~~~~~~~<br />The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

Did that... Lab rescue here doesn't accept strays.... I'll keep looking though.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

I'm tearing up when I read about this. :'( Poor labs, I really hope somebody can help those poor guys. GOOD LUCK!
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

The yellow boy looks just like the picture of Emma.. being he's a male, I realize he should have a bigger head.
    I will deworm them today, just in case, and will also clean up their cuts.. we will feed & water them.
    While their teeth make them look like they are young... they don't act young.
    They're still laying there. I tested them with a bone, the yellow one didn't want it, the black one walked around wagging tail, let me take it away with no problem what so ever. Gave back, he played a little with it and laid down.

They really are well mannered dogs and I'm happy to take care of them until Dave says they have to go.... which,
    I fear would be soon. I did take a picture of them with the cat laying behind them... I don't know if pictures are alowed on this forum, as I did not read the rules. The Black one didn't like the camera... he got up and moved to the back of the shop, so put it away.

I've got Newf chores to do.... and want to clean these Labs up... if I find a home for them, or a rescue group that will take them, I'll let this list know... otherwise, help is still needed.....

RUGERSMOM is offline Senior Member

Why don't you post this in the rescue portion of JL...maybe someone there who reads it may live close and have a good suggestion you. I'm up here in PA, but I feel so sad this has happened to you, I know you doing your best

I do not see "where" the rescue part of this forum is...?????
    Can someone please post it to that area for me? I must be blind.

Mel
    Mel is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Help Two Labs
    I do not see "where" the rescue part of this forum is...?????
    Can someone please post it to that area for me?* * *I must be blind.
    Click on this link......and scroll down

https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...board,5.0.html

Sparemom is offline Senior Member

Thanks for taking such good care and going out of your way to help! If I leved closer, I'd come get them myself!
    <br />ZORA

robinsegg26 is offline Senior Member

FYI this is the reply i got from LRNC in case anyone was wondering about these guys... sounds good for them!

Thanks, the dogs are safe and if not reclaimed by the owner they will come
    to us to be placed for adoption if a home is not found first.