I'm so glad I found you!

Thread: I'm so glad I found you!

imported_CindersMyGirl is offline Senior Member

DefaultI'm so glad I found you!

Hi, I was doing a search for info about labs with urine leaks and found you. I am married with five boys, one lab (I finally got a girl!), one cat that my son found by the river and a 12 week old pug that we've had for two weeks. You're probably thinking I'm crazy (and you may be a little right) but life is always interesting! I'll tell you about my girl Cinder. She is the funniest, goofiest, most loving dog you could know. She will be three on October 26th. Just when she convinces you that she's just a goof she figures out how to do something very clever. I was at the end of my rope because the boys kept leaving the back door open and Cinder would escape to play with her best friend Cody (another black lab) that lives around the corner. Of course everyone denied this. One day I walked into the kitchen in time to see Cinder opening the back door and leaving! Cinder is a great dog on the first floor of our house but is not such a great dog upstairs (many missing items). I bought a motion detector that emitted a loud sound that she hated. It worked like a charm until the boys discovered that if you walked slowly enough you could get by. I told them to make sure Cinder did not see this. I bet you can see where this is going! I walked into the foyer to see Cinder creeping, ever so slowly, past the detector. I swear that if she could have been on tippy toes she would have been. Back to the missing items. Things seem to disappear around Cinder. One day she was very weak and vomiting so I brought her to the vet. She had surgery to remove a leather leash handle from her stomach and a toy from her intestines that had somehow become linked by a thread so they couldn't go up or down. Another time I could tell she was constipated so I brought her in. The vet came back into the room with a plastic bag and asked if I could identify what was in it. She said in a very amazed voice that it almost looked like something burnt. I thought the kids had taken all of the wood out of the chiminea in the yard but nope, Cinder ate it all. She is convinced that she is a lap dog so I'm sure that she is and we just haven't found the right lap yet. Ever since she was a puppy she would get many urinary tract infections, which we were told she would out grow. She also has had a few infections on the skin on her stomach. Over the fourth of July weekend we noticed that she wouldn't stop cleaning herself and found that she had a very red and swollen vulva. When we took her to the vet (I can't believe we found one willing to see her since we were out of town), we were told she has an inverted vulva. After being on antibiotics for three weeks we now notice that she is leaking urine. We were told that her urine is very diluted. She now has another infection on her stomach from urine spraying on it. All of her blood work is normal, but she's on antibiotics again. We now wipe her every time she goes out. The vet is talking about putting her on incontinence medicine for the rest of her life. This is the reason I was on the internet and discovered you guys. So I'm glad to have this resource and if anyone has had a similar experience with their female I would love to hear about it. I of course have many more stories since I only hit the highlights in my already over long post. Hope to hear some of yours. Gotta go because the pug is attacking Cinder!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I'm so glad I found you!

Welcome to you, Cinder and the Pug! I hope you will post some pics of your dogs soon, because I can't wait to see them! ;D
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Hello and Welcome! Quite a history Cinder has for sure!! ;D

Might want to post about the health issue in Health and Nutrition.

;D Have a great day and I second EmmatheLab on the pictures... WE LOVE PICTURES!
    ~Lindsay

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sheila is offline Senior Member

Hello and Welcome!!!

Pictures, please! ;D
    <br />Beau &amp; Nikko

Mel
    Mel is offline Senior Member

Welcome to Sonya, Cinder & the pug. Pictures, please.

mercedez is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the forum!
    Laura<br />

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Bump (good threads only)
    ~Lindsay

Barnsley is offline Senior Member

Welcome, Cinder sounds ultra entertaining. Can't wait to here more about her adventures ;D Hope she doesn't have any more medical related problems though.
    <br />Barnsley &amp; Lilly from Okinawa, Japan