Hello from Oregon

Thread: Hello from Oregon

prissy is offline Junior Member

DefaultHello from Oregon

Hello from oregon I was looking for a web sight that will give me information, solutions to any problems I may have and owners that may let me pick their brains. I went to chocolatelabs.com but I am not real impressed with the web sight, so hope this will be better.* *Let me tell you my story.* *I and my husband are the proud owners of a 90lb 2.5yr old chocolate lab Duke, and just as proud owner of a 7 week old 10lb female Faith.* *We got faith because we just love the breed first and formost.* We would like to breed in a couple of years.* Our friend and neighbor came down a couple of week ago (he has a 12yr old chocolate lab Tanner).* Told us if we ever bred him that he would love to have a puppy out of Duke, he told us that he is losing Tanner to cancer.* My husband and I have been talking for a while about breeding, and now that the kids are grown and gone, we feel we have the time and energy to devote to the dogs. Therefore we made the decision to get a female and will give him a puppy when the time comes.* I know that it will be a couple of years before I can breed them, but hope that this sight will be useful when the time comes. I bred cocker spaniels back in the 80s but my son was a baby and it was a lot of work.* This will be my first time ever breeding labs. I am in love with them, they are sooooo smart, so loving and sooooo devoted.* My male just absolutely hates water.* Is there any way to get him to enjoy it? I once had a golden retriever that I could not keep out of the water, and my female seems to like the water. This is one of my favorite pics so far, duke is so gentle with faith.* He will go over and give her one end of a toy and play with her.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Hello from Oregon

Hi and Welcome. I don't breed labs I just adopt the ones others haven't wanted, in other words all my dogs are rescues. Please reconsider breeding, it's difficult as you already know. There are a few responsible and knowledgeable breeders on this site who can provide you with excellent information. PLEASE breed responsibly.

prissy is offline Junior Member

I will breed responsibly I promise. I want to be very well informed about it before I even do that. I am not in it to make money at all.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sheila is offline Senior Member

Hi and Welcome to the forum.
    <br />Beau &amp; Nikko

Mel
    Mel is offline Senior Member

Welcome!

mercedez is offline Senior Member