New member from Saskatchewan, Canada

Thread: New member from Saskatchewan, Canada

pheedom is offline Junior Member

DefaultNew member from Saskatchewan, Canada

Hello, everyone! I am a single mom with a couple of brilliant children. I lost my dogs in the marriage breakup: a young standard poodle who was my ex's pride and joy and a old bichon whom I was sure would come with me but who decided she couldn't live without the poodle.

I've been dogless for a little over a year. One spring thaw went by without muddy footprints and melting poopsicles and I thought, "this is the life!" But something was missing around here and soon I realized it was a wet nose and a waggy tail. I am awaiting the day my new black lab puppy can leave his mum (August 17th). I feel very good about my decision to get a black lab, in spite of some skepticism from folks I know because of their size (I'm small but I know dogs, so I am confident I can establish myself as alpha).

Reading the posts here I can see that owning a lab is a very rewarding experience. I love your photos of all these beautiful, smiling dogs!

Take care, everyone!
    &lt;i&gt;&quot;I am prepared to meet my Maker.&nbsp; Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.&quot;&nbsp; --- Sir Winston Churchill&lt;i&gt;<br /><br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

SirFergus is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: New member from Saskatchewan, Canada

Welcome!! It's great to see another Canuck on the board We're in BC!! You must be so excited to be getting your pup!! They don't stay small for long so make sure you take lots of pictures!! Can't wait to meet him!!

Sarah & Fergus
    British Columbia
    Canada

Sheila is offline Senior Member

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

The anticipation must be immense ;D...
    I can't wait for pictures of your new addition.
    <br />Beau &amp; Nikko

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

pheedom is offline Junior Member

I'll say the anticipation is immense! I'm 'nesting' --- just as if there were a baby on the way ... buying toys, setting up the crate, taking it back down, researching dogfood brands, looking at photos of labs. Did someone say "biological clock"? :
    &lt;i&gt;&quot;I am prepared to meet my Maker.&nbsp; Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.&quot;&nbsp; --- Sir Winston Churchill&lt;i&gt;<br /><br /><br />

Samsmom1 is offline Senior Member

Hi and Congratulations!!!!

This is so exciting!!!! It really is like waiting for a baby to be born. Definitely take lots of pictures while your baby is little. They're just soooo cute.
    And Labs are the best dogs. They like to please so you'll be fine.

clancey canuck Guest

Welcome from Barrie Ontario. Can't wait to see photos of your new pup ;D