hi from 12 week old paige and her owner jay from upstate ny

Thread: hi from 12 week old paige and her owner jay from upstate ny

jaybird1 is offline Junior Member

Defaulthi from 12 week old paige and her owner jay from upstate ny

i have spent most of my young adult life in the navy and just got here about a year ago and wanted a dog that i could hunt with and would be an good allround dog so i got an cholate about 12 weeks old now but i think i tried working with her to munch to soon how do i go about fixing a problem i created in a good little pup thanks for any help and suggestin i might get
    jay frind

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

biscuit is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: hi from 12 week old paige and her owner jay from upstate ny

It sounds like you're quite taken with your pup! I don't know anything about gun dog training, but we do have a good section of the forum dedicated to folks who do that. Also, I know a lot of people subscribe to gundogmag.com- it's got lots of great info if you haven't looked at it. Good luck!!
    <br />Kristin &amp; Biscuit

jaybird1 is offline Junior Member

thanks for the tip will look into that she is a good little dog but the more info i find on traing is that she is trying to be an alfa dog twards me no i just have to work with her to break that but is great with kids and other dogs so if she does not hunt i will let my girl friend user for pt therpy thanks agin
    jay frind

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

biscuit is offline Senior Member

Ahhh- A 4 month pup is so cute and sooooooo into testing her/his place, isn't it??
    Lots of people post about the puppy-teenage rebellion stage in the training section. Most people use a NLIF program for a while (Nothing in Life is Free). This establishes you, in a very healthy humane manner, as "alpha". It can be googled as well. Maybe the pup can be dual purpose- therapy dog AND gun dog???
    That'll probably be pre-determined by her/his in-born temperament. Anyway, whatever you decide to do with your pup- enjoy. Labs are SO much fun to bond with because they love to make us happy!
    <br />Kristin &amp; Biscuit