A Texas Howdy

Thread: A Texas Howdy

Adamski is offline Junior Member

DefaultA Texas Howdy

Hullo,

My name is Adamski, I'm 14, and living with my mom here in Texas. In about an hour, my sister and boyfriend are coming by with a yellow female Labrador that is 8 weeks old for us. We've had many pets in the past, two of them being dogs, and currently have a Shiztu (with several other pets), so we're hoping the two dogs will get along fine.

We're taking the pup to a vet this coming up Monday for a checkup and to talk about things. I've done some prior research about labradors, and found out they may get hip dysplasia, ear infection, and knee problems.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

SirFergus is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: A Texas Howdy

Hi Adam! Welcome to the forum...good luck with your new puppy!! Let us know when she comes home and how everything is going

Sarah & Fergus
    British Columbia
    Canada

Adamski is offline Junior Member

She's home, and she's awesome!

We first let the Shiztu do her buisness in the back, because she usually goes when she gets excited. My sister went to go see her, while the rest of us were with the lab, which we've named Abby. She's pretty heavy, about twice as much as our matured Shiztu. She loves to pounce, but also loves to chew on feet and play a litle more "aggressive" with our Shiztu. Abby would wrestle with her brothers and sisters, so she's not use to our Lucy, Shiztu, who doesn't play as rough. Otherwise though, they get along fine.

We all talked while we played with Abby, we had to move her over to her food and water bowl though, away from Lucy's. Then she got tired and lay down on the brick part of our fireplace (extremely cute, we got some pictures of it, will hopefully post them ASAP. We have to get them developed and on a CD though, because it's not a digital camera), then we moved her to the crate to rest where she is right now.

Once she wakes up, I'm going to go take her for a walk.

EDIT: Like I said before, she's a yellow female lab. But now that we've seen her, she's got the yellow-brown head, legs, and top of her back. But on the feet, ankles, and sides of her, she's more of a yellow-white.

If it's a little hard to understand, sorry, hopefully the pictures will show it better.

EDIT2: Oi, that was a disaster. The dog doesn't really get the concept of walking, although she knows where home is now.

Then she did #2 in the living room and kitchen so...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Hi Adam, Welcome to J.L.
    Sounds as if Abby is going to keep you busy. Post some pic in the photo section when you can. We would all love to see her.

Ernie27/11/01 adopted by Chris May 05
    Kassa 27/11/01 - 9/02/05

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

Sheila is offline Senior Member

Sounds like you have your hands full....puppyhood

Welcome to the Forum. There is a wealth of knowledge here.
    <br />Beau &amp; Nikko

DebraV7419 is offline Senior Member

Welcome Adam - and congrats on your new puppy. Also, a big kudos to you for being on here and reading about labs- you sound like a neat kid. Good luck with your puppy!